Bellator financial info

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If interested there is a thread HERE

But basically they are in the red & made about $20m in revenue (2017)

bellator is more than a distant second. viacom will need to sink a ton of money into bellator before they see any return. trying to establish worldwide revenue streams the way viacom is trying to do with bellator is going to be tough. interesting to see how much money viacom will be willing to throw at bellator.

I always figured that bellator was in the red. no way they are making money off their tentpoles. if they are seeing any profits on a show to show basis, they are probably on the smaller mohegan sun cards. operating at a total net loss isn't surprising.

as stated before, you don't fire your president, downsize the org, and completely restructure the format because you are making money. the fertittas eat losses for years before they turned a profit in with the ufc, sinking around 43m into the company iirc.

these are just estimates though.

still, great stuff FRANKIE.

If they want to do something big to change the perspective that the organization is a distant second: sign Lesnar.

Brock will instantly get them PPV buys and they can have him against Fedor.

If they want to do something big to change the perspective that the organization is a distant second: sign Lesnar.

Brock will instantly get them PPV buys and they can have him against Fedor.

I don't think they will try PPV again after losing money on the last one.

How many more people are cord-cutters now in the last three to four years, that would be their target audience?

According to Nielsen’s National Television Household Universe Estimates, there are 119.6 million TV homes in the U.S. for the 2017-18 TV season.

That is up 1.2m from a year ago

According to Nielsen’s National Television Household Universe Estimates, there are 119.6 million TV homes in the U.S. for the 2017-18 TV season.

That is up 1.2m from a year ago

Around 1/3 of all homes in the U.S. have televisions? Something is off there if there is a population over 320 MM.

Basically it would be interesting to see the data for Bellator with television viewership and streaming. Do they have an app for Smart TV's and streaming devices?

Around 1/3 of all homes in the U.S. have televisions? Something is off there if there is a population over 320 MM.

Basically it would be interesting to see the data for Bellator with television viewership and streaming. Do they have an app for Smart TV's and streaming devices?

Meltzer has had streaming data & it is very minuscule
UFC did 12k streaming on the last card on FS & that was higher than Bellator

Meltzer has had streaming data & it is very minuscule
UFC did 12k streaming on the last card on FS & that was higher than Bellator

But that would their legit streaming service and not nefarious sites?

In any event, I'd think TV viewership is going down everywhere as people watch online through subscription services or off the beaten path site streams or downloads.

I remember reading Marketing Magazine in the early 2000's (2002?), they knew this going to affect television in a big way and it was coming down the pipe. I don't understand why with all that time they never figured out how to track all viewership.

Last edited:

each person isn't considered a separate household

In any event, I'd think TV viewership is going down everywhere as people watch online through subscription services or off the beaten path site streams or downloads.

I get your point, but it is not that way yet with live sports.
Live sports is a different entity
People don't watch it a day later on Hulu or on their phone

Caldwell drew same amount of viewers as mitrione vs big country so why not just go all in on your legit home grown talent?
Even though it was by far there biggest audience of all time I really think the kimbo vs dada and shamrock vs Gracie did more to hurt the company then help. After that event you started to see drop in there numbers since people viewed them as circus not a legit mma org.
They have a stock pile of raw prospects, time to make them your main priority

I've said it before but I'll say it again.....They really need stop promoting Mitrione as a big star . He's not that good as a fighter and he was horrible for a commentator.

I'm not sure why you are posting this as fact.

As discussed in that thread, Viacom owns both the channel and Bellator and ad money goes 100% to them. Bellator is part of the attraction of the channel itself and also has value to viacom because of this.

Also, WME had to endure losses before becoming profitable.

I've said it before but I'll say it again.....They really need stop promoting Mitrione as a big star . He's not that good as a fighter and he was horrible for a commentator.
Why he’s won all his fights in Bellator and is favorite to win tournament. Who else can they really promote in there HW div?

each person isn't considered a separate household

True, but how many homes have multiple televisions. The mother could be watching one thing, kids watching something else, yet they'd be grouped together as all watching the same thing?
I get your point, but it is not that way yet with live sports.
Live sports is a different entity
People don't watch it a day later on Hulu or on their phone

Yeah, I'm aware of that. A sizable portion of MMA fans aren't even sports fans, so who knows if the same rules apply to them. You can go onto Youtube and see how many views fights are receiving. They could be first time viewers or are like many of the hardcores, who like to watch the same fight again and again.

How many more people are cord-cutters now in the last three to four years, that would be their target audience?

They could still get it. The Paramount Network (formerly Spike TV) in available on Sling TV, DirectTV Now and Philo internet TV services.

Last edited:
Back