Bellator Hawaii Planned for December 15 to be Headlined by Ilima-Lei Macfarlane

Fucking Awesome. We been waiting for a decade to bring back big time MMA. The Holloway discussions fell apart and man now we have MacFarlane coming home. This is awesome. First time since EliteXC Noons vs Yves Edwards.

Good spot for her, should be a big homecoming event even if Bellator won't make that much from it due to Hawaii's local authority

Nice! Ilima is my favorite Bellator fighter. Coker is awesome for making this happen

Wonder if they got a special tax break or if Coker just dont care about spending dat Viacom money

So how about bringing Kendall Grove back?

I was thinking this but they just cut him, he's on a 3 fight losing streak and he didn't look too spectacular vs AJ Mathews.

Just went to tapology for the best Hawaiian MMA fighters and they all have pretty bad records or on losing streaks. They could sign Louis Smolka.. but I think Ilima may be the only Hawaiian on the main card.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/09/bella...ei-macfarlane-vs-valerie-letourneau-headliner

Macfarlane is set to defend her flyweight title in a DAZN-streamed headlining bout Dec. 15 at Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, in what will be Bellator’s first trip to Hawaii. KHON2 first reported the news, which MMAjunkie confirmed with Bellator officials.

Champ Ilima-Lei Macfarlane gets wish, headlines Bellator's Hawaii debut vs. Valerie Letourneau

Let's hope this is streaming live on DAZN, not a tape delayed simulcast on DAZN & Paramount like the Israel card coming up.

I was thinking this but they just cut him, he's on a 3 fight losing streak and he didn't look too spectacular vs AJ Mathews.

Just went to tapology for the best Hawaiian MMA fighters and they all have pretty bad records or on losing streaks. They could sign Louis Smolka.. but I think Ilima may be the only Hawaiian on the main card.
Smolka would be a great signing. Maybe that would be enough if they have a lot of local fighters on the prelims and bring in some decent fights to fill in the main card

I wish we got some details on this at least. Will this be live on DAZN or what? Knowing Bellator it’ll be tape delayed on DAZN. The good old Bellatape delay.

I do not give a shit please bring back Cabbage to fight Eric Prindle or Joey Beltran or some shenanigans

I wish we got some details on this at least. Will this be live on DAZN or what? Knowing Bellator it’ll be tape delayed on DAZN. The good old Bellatape delay.
Every fight from now on will be live on DAZN. Tape delay is only on Paramount.

DAZN won't be delayed. Tape delaying is a broadcaster decision, not a promoter one. DAZN doesn't delay anything, they're a streaming service.

Including the Israel card? I heard that was not going to be broadcast live anywhere.
It was my understanding that every Bellator event would be broadcast live on DAZN. I guess we'll see

Back