Bellator HW Tourny Alternates to be announced @ BMMA 192 post-fight press conference

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In case you missed the pre-fight conference, it was confirmed by Coker today.

Final predictions for alternates, anyone?

Mine are:
Cheick Kongo
Justin Wren
Bobby Lashley (bold prediction)
Phil De Fries

Kongo for sure. They have enough heavyweights they could do a parallel HW tournament to get a first challenger.

Bobby Lashley would be awesome.

The fact he said Russia is a possibility for a future site has to give one a bit of hope that Minakov could be an alternate (mostly wishful thinking)

Man...Whatever happened to Vinicius Queiroz he would of been a good addition. So would Kleber Silva but I think he has a fight scheduled in Russia.

If its Jack Swagger Bellator has officially jumped the shark.

My first instinct is no way its him but then I remember seeing something last week or so about Swagger saying he has a big announcement coming.

It should be Kongo vs Wren or Lashley if they could get him back. Kongo should be in it if it was a real legit tournament to crown the best HW they have but its more of a spectacle tournament which is why he isnt in it and why I could see Jack Swagger being in an alternate fight.

Shane Carwin would be fantastic. The guy said in an interview not so long ago all his back issues have been fixed and he feels better than he has in over ten years.

Carwin publicly asked Scott Coker to be an alternate a few times. Public reception was good. Carwin against anyone is a scary proposition if true and he is in better shape and healthier than he was during his UFC stint.

Shane Carwin would be fantastic. The guy said in an interview not so long ago all his back issues have been fixed and he feels better than he has in over ten years.

Carwin publicly asked Scott Coker to be an alternate a few times. Public reception was good. Carwin against anyone is a scary proposition if true and he is in better shape and healthier than he was during his UFC stint.
I’ll believe it when I see it. He posted pictures of his gloves for Rizin and never went through with it. So until I see him in the cage, I think he just wants to keep his name out there. It would be cool though.

Carwin would be a great alternate.

i hope they are planning something special for Kongo. would be ridicilous to have him as an alternate. As stupid as it sounds he is their nr 1 HW.

Justin Wren vs Kongo

Javy Ayala vs Sergei

Wren, Ayala, Lashley, Swagger

maybe they do alt fights like the 2000GP (idk if they did for the other GPs)

I don't know how you could leave Kongo out. But than again I don't understand how your most winning HW isn't in your HW tournament either.

I don't know how you could leave Kongo out. But than again I don't understand how your most winning HW isn't in your HW tournament either.
They want people to be pumped for the HW tourney. They don't want them to fall asleep watching it.

Is wand Silva done with fighting?

They should put him in there

Are the alternates gonna have to fight for their spot in the tourney or they just going to appoint an alternate?

With his track record the past two years, he's just doing it for attention. Ignore it.

Back