Bellator Main event - Roger Huerta vs. Benson Henderson

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is the best they can come up with?

A much diminished Benson against Huerta, who at 4-8 in his last 12 (of which 4 of the last 5 were KO's) should have retired a long time ago.

At one point Huerta was the "It" guy in the UFC but he hit his ceiling fast and has had pretty much a disaster career after the UFC.

Huerta's last two wins, one a squeak by split decision, the other he only won because the other guy hit him with illegal shots to the back of the head...

Can't they find one relevant guy for Benson to fight?

Benson's pretty washed up himself these days. But wow i had no idea Huerta was still active.

It’s less than a month out and the original main event fell through. Maybe we should judge the match a little more fairly. Nobody was complaining about Gallagher vs Borics being the original main event.

I’d say Bellator getting Bendo to take a fight was pretty good. Huerta is probably just the best guy to step up for the fight.

So Bellator likely spent more money and upgraded the name value of the card..now people seem let down about that big Budapest card next month that nobody was talking about at all until Bendo and Huerta were matched for it.

Bendo finds a way to eek out a split decision in a fight he should dominate.

I would love nothing more than for Huerta to KO Bendo, that would make for a crazy moment. Chandler - Huerta for the belt after Chandler beats Primus....could you imagine?!

I don't think Benson is that much on the decline, he's a clean fighter fighting in a dirty organization.

This fight is 10x better than fake Caner vs Borics

Bellator might as well just start naming many of their events "Great Fights...Well, They Would've Been Great 10 Years Ago."

I'm still holding out for the Bas Rutten vs. Igov Vov fight I wanted to see in the 1990s.

I'm confused, how the fuck did this happen ?

I actually find this new main event marginally more interesting than the James Gallagher vs whoever fight that was the original main event.

Back