• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Bellator MMA 124: Newton vs Beltran 6:45PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Bellator to me is totally uninteresting with their new direction; they're all over the place, mixing fake WWE skits with totally unlogical fights; sure I understand that they don't want the Rampages and Titos getting their asses beat by the champ but they are milking this in a way too obvious way, feeding the champs and stars easy fights so they can milk the Mo Rampage "feud" for at least half a year, stir up a Tito Rampage "feud" IF he gets past Bonnar (which is impossible if Bonnar doesn't throw the fight) and hope to God that Newton isn't champion anymore by the time those divas decide to fight.

Did Newton really struggle this hard against Beltran? I missed last night and saw the highlight on MMAJunkie and read the posts on here. How anyone can consider him top 10 is beyond me because it looked like he was getting lit up on the feet with his back against the cage the entire time.

I wouldn't be surprised if sometime Rampage calls out Newton. After that performance he has to change his stance on fighting him.

they said he was 6'6" and his opponent was 5'11"

I would put money down on Anudson being 5'9-5'10 at best lol. He looked shorter in his other fights as well. He is an inch shorter than Rashad Evans.. Seriously.

Did Newton really struggle this hard against Beltran? I missed last night and saw the highlight on MMAJunkie and read the posts on here. How anyone can consider him top 10 is beyond me because it looked like he was getting lit up on the feet with his back against the cage the entire time.

Beltran chose the right strategy against an unorthodox striker by trying to crowd him and never give him any space. In styles make fights, Beltrans never stop moving forward brawling style was a particularly difficult style for Newton. That being said, in the interview at the end, Newton acknowledged that Beltran was crowding him and feeling as if at any moment he was going to catch him. And if you watched the fight, that felt obvious. Yes Beltran kept coming forward and never stopped striking, but it was clear that with his hands always down and him always standing in the pocket, one of Newtons odd angles and spinning attacks was going to land. When it finally did, it was unsurprising, but still awesome.

In 31 fights Newton only has 4 TKO/KO on his record and has been doing this spinning thing for years, so how can anyone say that this KO was not surprising? Just because we saw it one other time?

Bellator to me is totally uninteresting with their new direction; they're all over the place, mixing fake WWE skits with totally unlogical fights; sure I understand that they don't want the Rampages and Titos getting their asses beat by the champ but they are milking this in a way too obvious way, feeding the champs and stars easy fights so they can milk the Mo Rampage "feud" for at least half a year, stir up a Tito Rampage "feud" IF he gets past Bonnar (which is impossible if Bonnar doesn't throw the fight) and hope to God that Newton isn't champion anymore by the time those divas decide to fight.

The bonnar shit to me is unforgivable. Honestly.

That being said, I thought the promos/shows last night were the best of ANY mma org I've seen since the silva/chris rematch.

Beltran chose the right strategy against an unorthodox striker by trying to crowd him and never give him any space. In styles make fights, Beltrans never stop moving forward brawling style was a particularly difficult style for Newton. That being said, in the interview at the end, Newton acknowledged that Beltran was crowding him and feeling as if at any moment he was going to catch him. And if you watched the fight, that felt obvious. Yes Beltran kept coming forward and never stopped striking, but it was clear that with his hands always down and him always standing in the pocket, one of Newtons odd angles and spinning attacks was going to land. When it finally did, it was unsurprising, but still awesome.

This is literally my response word for word. If you close your eyes and picture the fight, it's what this poster described except I think Newton KNEW at some point at long a dr was standing, he'd land that backfist.

No lol watch the first 2 minutes of he third round again.

Literally IMO top technical striking

Back