Bellator signs unbeaten 6-foot-8 heavyweight Steven Mowry to multi-fight deal

Cool. Bellator could always use more heavyweights to fight Cheick Kongo. Mowry is only 4-0 so that means he'll be facing up against the likes of Javy Ayala soon.

OK i take it, would like to watch him fight once before making a statement over him, like the fact that Bellator is inking new talent, they still nedd some BWs aside of HWs

Better signing then some woman basher like east or hardy lol.

Bellator finally got there own giant to fight fedor lolj/k

can't comment as i know NOTHING about the man, but it's always good news when they sign talent.

can't comment as i know NOTHING about the man, but it's always good news when they sign talent.

He is 25yrs 6ft8 trsins out of Hard Knocks 365 in Fort Lauderdale, Fl.He has fought all of his bouts under the Titan FC banner finishing all 4 opponents in 4 different ways.(2kos/2subs)

Good to see some young blood at HW in bellator for sure.

Good signing according @Nathanli rankings. I believe he used to he ranked higher but had been inactive for too long.

35349368_863393900528362_115440191111430144_n.jpg

He actually had an extensive amateur career also so he's pretty experienced for only 4-0, although competition wasnt great. I saw him a few times a while back and iirc he's a good kicker and good off his back also but needed to work on his hands a bit. The rest I can't remember really

Last edited:
He is 25yrs 6ft8 trsins out of Hard Knocks 365 in Fort Lauderdale, Fl.He has fought all of his bouts under the Titan FC banner finishing all 4 opponents in 4 different ways.(2kos/2subs)

Good to see some young blood at HW in bellator for sure.
Hard knocks 365 under Henri hooft is one of the most popular gyms nowadays. Great place for a heavyweight to train.

Matt Mitrione
Stefan Struve
Luke Rockhold
Volkan Oezdimir
Aung La Nsang
Rashad Evans
Takashi Sato
Vincente Luque
Linton Vassell
Daniel Straus
Adam Borics

The list goes on.

Sounds like this kid has potential

Cool. Bellator could always use more heavyweights to fight Cheick Kongo..

i will admit it's been a bit surprising Kongo has had this resurgence in Bellator.. Esp. an out of nowhere ko of Ayala while Big John was talking about Kongo being boring lately

Better signing then some woman basher like east or hardy lol.

Bellator finally got there own giant to fight fedor lolj/k

Too bad Hardy's a piece of shit cause he looks like a real deal HW prospect. East is just a piece of shit who sucks.

Too bad Hardy's a piece of shit cause he looks like a real deal HW prospect. East is just a piece of shit who sucks.

East is a total garbage bag ........

If hardy wasn't a vile piece of crap he'd be in the NFL making way more money.......

Both guys shouldn't have any real career in MMA it's a total black eye......no pun intended.

Bellator should also after guys like Bedorf, Rodrigues, Rozalski and Pavlovich

Hard knocks 365 under Henri hooft is one of the most popular gyms nowadays. Great place for a heavyweight to train.

Matt Mitrione
Stefan Struve
Luke Rockhold
Volkan Oezdimir
Aung La Nsang
Rashad Evans
Takashi Sato
Vincente Luque
Linton Vassell
Daniel Straus
Adam Borics

The list goes on.

Sounds like this kid has potential
Doesn't chandler train there as well? hooft is a solid striking coach.

If you know nothing about him, how do you know he's talented? I realize I'm in Wordlwide here, but I still expect some tiny level of rationality in the discussions...

If you know nothing about him, how do you know he's talented? I realize I'm in Wordlwide here, but I still expect some tiny level of rationality in the discussions...
I never said he was talented. i said it is always good for bellator to sign talent. what i meant by that is they are actively signing fighters who may have an upswing to their careers.

I really don't want to get caught up in semantics.

He’s young, big, and looks to be alright on the ground. With that said, he hasn’t been the least bit impressive in competition so far. It’s great that Bellator is looking to expand it’s HW division, but this guy isn’t worth getting excited over. Not yet at least.

Back