Bellator to Announce "Landmark" Distribution Deal at 6/26 Presser

I don't get CMT anymore on cable for some reason, so I hope not.

Wouldn't it be funny if they got a Fox deal?

DAZN launching soon in the US, Bellator needs their MMA needs.

Thanks, but I had no idea of SF replays ... nice info
I put that I could see them doing 6 events a year on SHO (or similar)
I wonder if it will coincide with smaller shows on CMT

Both make sense, bc the smaller ratings will be better for CMT & the tentpole events could seem special on SHO

Very well could be.

Or smaller shows will be on CBS sports network,have 6-8 events on Showtime as well as a few on CBS.

I'm hearing a ton of rumors about which channels it will possibly air on but no one has concrete info they are definitely keeping this one tight lipped until the day of.

DAZN launching soon in the US, Bellator needs their MMA needs.

I'm thinking the same thing. DAZN has been throwing a lot of money at boxing promotions lately, and their U.S. home page touts their service as "the new home of fight sports in the U.S."

I disagree, their content is far below netflix or amazon and have only created a handful of original content. I dont even know anyone with a hulu subscription and their player is trash
I watch Hulu and love their original content. With Disney becoming majority owner soon expect some big changes.

DAZN, I'm thinking.

Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing just signed with them for a formidable sum of $1b over the next five years. DAZN making big moves into combat sports.

Netflix have said many times that they aren't interested in live sports, Amazon are the decent "big" company and they are only dipping their toe in for rights at the moment. Facebook, YouTube & apple all have services but I've heard their live streaming is terrible. DAZN are big in certain parts of the world and have signed a US deal with Match room boxing and super series, ESPN+ probably don't want another MMA company. CBS & Viacom are talking about merging but Bellator would be way down in the assets CBS/Showtime would want.

I don't get CMT anymore on cable for some reason, so I hope not.

Wouldn't it be funny if they got a Fox deal?
Why would a Viacom guy be there, UFC was not owned by Spike, they just ran put their contract. Doesn't mean they couldn't do something with Bellator, PBC runs small shows on Tuesdays sometimes that do under 200,000 so they may need stuff to fill up time and Bellator could use it to highlight their rookies

Why would a Viacom guy be there, UFC was not owned by Spike, they just ran put their contract. Doesn't mean they couldn't do something with Bellator, PBC runs small shows on Tuesdays sometimes that do under 200,000 so they may need stuff to fill up time and Bellator could use it to highlight their rookies
My suggestion was more of a "Bellator co-promoting with Viacom and another network" than it was them leaving Viacom, that wouldn't make sense to have Viacom guys there for an announcement that they were leaving.

Since it doesn't say Paramount in that little snippet, it also makes me wonder where else they'd go besides shifting to CMT. They were once on MTV2 and that was silly. Otherwise, they have Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and BET. Last I checked, more people got Spike/Paramount than CMT.

I disagree, their content is far below netflix or amazon and have only created a handful of original content. I dont even know anyone with a hulu subscription and their player is trash

I have one because of my Spotify, but its not Hulu premium and yes, it does suck a bit as far as the player and random disconnects during streaming that never happens with my Netflix.

Disagree that their content is “far below” when they have some awesome stuff on there that Netflix does not (Seinfeld??)

Also, a controlling stake in Hulu is up for grabs in the Fox Sale and is one of the more lucrative portions of the deal for both potential buyers (Disney and Comcast). It’s definitely something that is still making moves in the right direction, which by definition, is thriving.

Only thing I haven't heard yet is YouTube TV. So I'll say that, even though it isn't.

If its just on Viacom, I would think of doing a monthly big show on Paramount Network and a contenders type show on CMT(ratings can be less on there) in small venues a North American version of the series they are going to do on Spike UK for Western Europe. They don't have the depth to do 22 big shows but 12 would be a decent number

DAZN, I'm thinking.

Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing just signed with them for a formidable sum of $1b over the next five years. DAZN making big moves into combat sports.

DAZN is launching in the US in September according to Hearn and Bellator just announced a big event in September. What a better way to introduce DAZN to MMA fans and a way to get subscribers. They would also probably get a much bigger budget thatn Viacom(though not $1 billion).

since the press conference is at viacoms head quarters and the only executives announced other than coker is viacom's CFO that probably means it has nothing to do with a deal outside of viacom itself.

so i would cancel out the possiblity of fox, nbc, showtime, etc.. and leave only a small possibility of a dazn type deal.

most likely as farnkienyc said its internal to viacom.

I would say its either a deal with a viacom channel in the UK like Scott Coker mentioned and/or its a move to CMT.

the machida deal baffles me because their ratings have nosedived so whatever deal they're announcing must be significant because they are putting some big and expensive fights together.

Sounds like I will be subscribing to DAZN

Last edited:
since the press conference is at viacoms head quarters and the only executives announced other than coker is viacom's CFO that probably means it has nothing to do with a deal outside of viacom itself.

so i would cancel out the possiblity of fox, nbc, showtime, etc.. and leave only a small possibility of a dazn type deal.

most likely as farnkienyc said its internal to viacom.

I would say its either a deal with a viacom channel in the UK like Scott Coker mentioned and/or its a move to CMT.

the machida deal baffles me because their ratings have nosedived so whatever deal they're announcing must be significant because they are putting some big and expensive fights together.

CMT is a smaller channel right? I don't think they would make a big announcement about that.

CMT is a smaller channel right? I don't think they would make a big announcement about that.
Why would they not announce it? Not everyone follows MMA in a bubble, casual fans might still want to follow it, if they did move they want those fans to follow it as its still a Viacom asset.

They could always spin it, like more shoulder programming and no tape delays are things that would be a positive if they chose to do that.

Why would they not announce it? Not everyone follows MMA in a bubble, casual fans might still want to follow it, if they did move they want those fans to follow it as its still a Viacom asset.

They could always spin it, like more shoulder programming and no tape delays are things that would be a positive if they chose to do that.

I guess, but with the CFO it seems like it would be bigger.

Back