Ben Askren says he is better than Khabib!

crazy a fighter has confidence in his abilities....

people say a lot of things.....

he is...

Make 155 or shut up. Calling out smaller fighters to move up to face you is just pathetic (yes you're the worst in that regard Anderson, calling for Conor and GSP then complains when they don't do it).
smaller fighters? Khabib missed weight more then once and kills himself gettting 155

um ben has finished most of his fights at 170.

kabob had problems with a real estate agent.

tibau gave him fits.

and a whisky salesman took a round from kabob.

my money is on funky. should kabob ever step up to a challenge

he is already ducking tony again

Askren has been telling people he's better than Jones, GSP, BJ, everyone that has more fame and credibility than him. Meanwhile he's been overseas fighting unranked dudes and calling himself a killer.

Going to be exposed hard when he finally makes it.

um ben has finished most of his fights at 170.

kabob had problems with a real estate agent.

tibau gave him fits.

and a whisky salesman took a round from kabob.

my money is on funky. should kabob ever step up to a challenge

he is already ducking tony again

Khabib has a higher finishing rate than Askren and has fought a higher competition level. Askren is probably a bit better at takedowns and top control but Khabib is better than him most everywhere else.

Better wresslin, stronger and bigger.. Khabib has much better boxing/ dirty boxing and subs, though. It would be a very hard fight for both.

I'm not over what? Khabib utterly destroyed and exposed Conor.

That dude I was replying to is still butthurt that his false idol got exposed. It's been a month since the beating. Most Conor fans have emotionally moved on, but that dude hasn't, judging by his whining.
The post had nothing to do with conor.....

If he's the same size, he'll make 155, unless you're full of shit and are talking out of your butt again, lmao.

Khabib is actually heavier than Askren, he walks around at 195 pounds and Askren walks around ''between 183 and 187 pounds''. Askren just doesn't want to be hospitalized or go into seizures like Khabib does cutting all that weight.

Talk is cheap. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Not on the ground. Askren doesn't have a lot of ways to win against Khabib. He has worse striking and his BJJ is not good enough

But hes the better wrestler and uts not like Khabib is a grappling wizard off his back or a k1 striker here either

If they're about the same size and weight, why doesn't Askren step down and fight for the belt? Don't tell me Askren is not interested in being a champ in the most stacked division in the UFC.

It could be that he doesn't want to be hospitalized or have seizures like Khabib has.

I dunno. I would have to see them compete against each other, maybe even a best out of 3.

I think Khabib is better because he's been competing in the best organization (UFC). Would have to see how Askren fairs against UFC competition. Plenty of fighters look like killers before entering the UFC then fade into mediocrity.

As much as I dislike Askren, i'd love to watch him absolutely piss Khabib off during the entire pre-fight media.

Two really high level wrestler fights tend to turn into striking matches. So.....khabib all day.

I dunno. I would have to see them compete against each other, maybe even a best out of 3.

I think Khabib is better because he's been competing in the best organization (UFC). Would have to see how Askren fairs against UFC competition. Plenty of fighters look like killers before entering the UFC then fade into mediocrity.

Watch that best org talk, never forgot that an influx of fighters from supposedly lesser orgs came in and dominated for a while. RIP Strikeforce and WEC.

Two really high level wrestler fights tend to turn into striking matches. So.....khabib all day.

Sometimes they do, IF both grapplers are content to strike. That isn't Askren, he will doggedly pursue the TD nonstop. It's just who he is. And if he has any success at all (and as the better wrestler he likely would-not guaranteed but more likely than not) that will have Khabib tiring far more quickly.

Look at Jake Shields vs Demien Maia. Jake was the one being aggressive with his TD's and forcing grappling exchanges, putting Maia on his back and easily winning a decision. That is similar to how I see this fight playing out with Askren being the less well rounded fighter but being the better more aggressive wrestler and dictating the fight.

Back