Ben askren vs Jorge masvidal?

Luke Rockholds (?) kick

Carmen_basilio's_left_hook
@White
Reaction score
Who do you guys think would win this match up I personally imo think bens strength would prevail during the course, of the fight and it would be a decision win for askren based on what I've seen studying both I would have to say askren give Jorge issues leave your opinions below on this hypothetical match up.

Ben askren rapes him and takes him down at will lol. No way he could stop askresn td's

Askren should stay in Can FC. Masvidal boxes his face off.

Even lazy Askren will take him down
Masvidal hasn't Sapo's power to put Funky to sleep

IMO Masvidal is a bit overrated on Sherdog, he is good in boxing and decent in the other areas but I can't see him as a killing machine. People even though he will beat Maia...

I think Masvidals a bad match-up for him. As good as Askren is, he hasn't fought anyone legit since Bellator, and Masvidals tdd is no joke. He gave Maia problems and arguably won that fight.

Would be almost identical to the Maia fight except add in little peppering baby strikes. Askren UD easy

I think Ben's wrestling is too much for anyone. He made Lima and Koreshkov look like amatuers. There aren't many people I'd pick to beat Askren.

Askren wins this one with ease. Looks like his Koreshkov beatdown all over again

Even lazy Askren will take him down
Masvidal hasn't Sapo's power to put Funky to sleep

IMO Masvidal is a bit overrated on Sherdog, he is good in boxing and decent in the other areas but I can't see him as a killing machine. People even though he will beat Maia...

lol at "decent" in other areas, Masvidal's tdd and scrambling ability is very good. when did you see it exposed in recent years? not to mention his chin and heart are off the charts. Masvidal boxing tecnique, feints and footwork are soundly better than anything you have seen Askren face

An official judge actually thought Masvidal won Maia. He hurt him bad at some point and landed more strikes than Maia's 6 previous opponent put toguether.

Maia is a better fighter than Askren, he is notably bigger, has better standup skills to set up his shots or just to not get hit, and is obviously better finishing with bjj. Maia would manhandle Lima or young Koreshkov very easy

If someone is overrated on Sherdog that's Askren. Just look at you comment, or the three below you. Or the guy who has "War Askren" on his AV. lol

Last edited:
Jorge is P4P laziest fighter in the UFC. Askren rapes him all night like The Cos.

u2po8.gif

lol at "decent" in other areas, Masvidal's tdd and scrambling ability is very good. when did you see it exposed in recent years? not to mention his chin and heart are off the charts. Masvidal boxing tecnique, feints and footwork are soundly better than anything you have seen Askren face

An official judge actually thought Masvidal won Maia. He hurt him bad at some point and landed more strikes than Maia's 6 previous opponent put toguether.

Maia is a better fighter than Askren, he is notably bigger, has better standup skills to set up his shots or just to not get hit, and is obviously better finishing with bjj. Maia would manhandle Lima or young Koreshkov very easy

If someone is overrated on Sherdog that's Askren. Just look at you comment, or the three below you. Or the guy who has "War Askren" on his AV. lol

Askren proves to be more underrated everyday as UFC fighters (Larkin/Bendo) go over there and get beat down by the people Askren toyed with. Masvidal can't even beat Bendo he doesn't deserve to share a cage with Askren; but neither do Askrens current opponents so i'm fine with watching him beat Masvidal up.

Have any of you who's saying Askren seen any of his more recent fights? Askren's TD has degraded tremendously and looks pitiful. I don't know if it's from lack of training or just not caring anymore, but his TD attempts look downright pathetic at this point and won't even work against the likes of Sapo.

Running towards your opponent arms extended out for a TD isn't going to work on any elite fighter no matter how good your wrestling is. He's right at home in CanFC.

Last edited:
Have any of you who's saying Askren seen any of his more recent fights? Askren's TD has degraded tremendously and looks pitiful. I don't know if it's from lack of training or just not caring anymore, but his TD attempts look downright pathetic at this point and won't even work against the likes of Sapo.

Running towards your opponent arms extended out for a TD isn't going to work on any elite fighter no matter how good your wrestling is. He's right at home in CanFC.
Sorry what you're not mentioning the fact that when he gets a bodyLock he pulls them off the cage to get a takedown and not mention he's good at chaining takedowns together and as for sapo he had a good five minutes and his cardio was clearly wearing out and a bosom got a good double leg but lost and got reversed I think askren beats Jorge with his wrestling not easy but askren wins non the less.

I think Masvidals a bad match-up for him. As good as Askren is, he hasn't fought anyone legit since Bellator, and Masvidals tdd is no joke. He gave Maia problems and arguably won that fight.

Ben's TD's are much better than Maia's. Not even really close tbh.

I think Ben's wrestling is too much for anyone. He made Lima and Koreshkov look like amatuers. There aren't many people I'd pick to beat Askren.

Only welterweight I would pick over Askren right now is Rory.

Masvidal would get taken down at will. He got taken down by Maia...

Ben's TD's are much better than Maia's. Not even really close tbh.

Only welterweight I would pick over Askren right now is Rory.

Masvidal would get taken down at will. He got taken down by Maia...

You guys will keep bringing Askren's past performances on Lima and 22 y.o. Koreshkov till the end of your days?? As if they were some examples of fighters with estellar TDD...

We have seen Maia taking down Kim, Story, Fitch, Nelson, Rory or choking out Sonnen among many others....while we have seen Askren struggling with the likes of Hieron or Sapo...

"Maia's TDs arent even close to Ben's"...lol, the fanboyism of some of you on these boards is off the charts with Askren, it really is.

Back