Ben Askren vs Zebazstian Kadestam Confirmed for ONE: Shanghai

P.S.: God, I hope he has an out clause after this fight. I know he tweeted or commented not to long ago about some other orgs for 2018 and hasn't talked like that in a long time. Please let it be true.

He does in January, but it looks like they (ONE) are trying to keep him. Many thought they might have buyers remorse beings he cost a lot; the fans over there aren't as big into trash talk, and they don't seem interested in breaking into the U.S. market.

They didn't keep him very active but they seem like they might get him 3 fights within 10 months and are giving a company he is partners with rights to sell streaming of his ppvs through their website.

Steps they probably wouldn't make if they weren't going to make a decent offer to keep him. I think the recent Bellator flirting is just to keep them honest by reminding them he can go elsewhere with his new contract coming up in January.

Kadestam's weakness has always been his wrestling soooo....

I still think one of the best fights to make for Ben is him fighting Beslan Isaev. He isn't with a major org and just floats around Russia. Has a good record and some good wins. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Beslan-Isaev-41522

However I am looking forward to this. This Zebazstian guy came from behind, dug deep and brutally kod Sapo so I'm in.

Actually can't complain about this fight. Ben's opponent is coming off that brutal knockout win of Santos. So he earned it with that, same time I see askren using his wrestling for either a decision or submission

Ben is a great fighter, and some of his opponents are very legit, but

Yet it seems like he always takes fights with a predictable outcome.

He should fight Khabib's cousin instead

Kadestam was getting dominated badly against Santos with wrestling but managed to hang in and get a comeback KO after Santos gassed super hard.

Askren would not make that mistake and would likely dominate him.
Still a decent fight though. Better than last time.

Another throw away opponent for Askren, ONE is such a joke.​
Except that it's bigger than the UFC in Asia.
at the end of the day who cares he's just going to dry hump his way to Victory.

If Lima jumps ship to the UFC and wins the belt he'd have just as much claim at being the best as anyone else in the weight class.

Hell he will have a claim if Lima beats Rory.
They fought 5 years ago.

I am not saying that Lima would beat Askren now, but 5 years is a long time in this sport.

They fought 5 years ago.

I am not saying that Lima would beat Askren now, but 5 years is a long time in this sport.

It is, but it would still be a claim. Its not like Ben had a ton of experience himself entering the fight and its not like Ben is physically old right now.

In the fight game there is no guarantees, but 170lbs doesn't look like a weight class we will be confidently be able to crown who is the best at the weight class for a long time, the talent got too spread out at the weight class.

Askren and Angela Lee are the two biggest can crushers in the game.
Angela Lee is fighting decent opponents. It's not like there's a lot of atomweight talent out there, I think (Is there???)

Anyway she's 20 years old, 8-0

If Lima jumps ship to the UFC and wins the belt he'd have just as much claim at being the best as anyone else in the weight class.

Hell he will have a claim if Lima beats Rory.
lima is not the same fighter that askren fought he actually evolved while Ben is still a one dimensional lay and prayer who fights top 100 fighters

lima is not the same fighter that askren fought he actually evolved while Ben is still a one dimensional lay and prayer who fights top 100 fighters

Nah, Ben still beats him with his 1 dimension.

Ben in my opinion reached his top ability after the Lima fight when he fought Karl Amoussou or Koreshkov.

Lima was Bens 10th fight (3rd year) it was Limas 26th fight(6th year). Everyone looks better when they don't have to fight The Funky One

Last edited:
Hopefully he gets the hell out of OneFC after this fight and goes to Bellator.

I'm down for a Lima rematch, Rory, Larkin, even Daley or MVP who he'd maul.

Hopefully he gets the hell out of OneFC after this fight and goes to Bellator.

I'm down for a Lima rematch, Rory, Larkin, even Daley or MVP who he'd maul.

Would like to see him return too but beings he is locked up until January i'd like to see him fight Bigdash or someone in December. I doubt ONE would allow that without a contract extension first though so i'd settle for Sapo coming off a loss.

Well, the Swedish dude did ktfo Santos.... So this fight makes sense in my opinion.
Agrred. So many people were calling for another Sapo fight, then Sapo loses, so they're matching Askren up against the guy who beat Sapo. Makes perfect sense.

Hoping he goes back to Bellator once his contract runs out. This is getting painful..

Back