Benjamin Adegbuyi vs. Badr Hari? Who will take it?

Badr is way outta his prime tho.

Rico is lucky they didn't meet in 2009. imagine what Badr would do to him!
Back then Badr was undeniably the #2 hw in a time when all the best fought under 1 banner, so yeah shit could have definitely gone different.

most of the time this happened was early in his career. he was young and had just turned pro. of course he's gonna lose some.

from 2007 and on, he almost just kept on winning over everybody by either KO or TKO. and had very few losses compared to wins

From 2007 and on yeah?

Those happened after 2007:

b8nz0k.jpg

b8k3t5.jpg

i3tpc9.jpg

2.gif

He got KO/TKO'd 4 times and disqualified twice since 2007. Greatest kickboxer my ass.

Even on the juice he couldn't go pass 2 rounds with Rico.

you seems to be too stressed, i know what can cool you down:

VibrantSizzlingAssassinbug.gif

giphy.gif

BothGlassFlamingo.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reem_vs._Badr_Hari_1.gif

i3tpc9.jpg

2_medium.gif

giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-26_14-42-55.png
    upload_2018-10-26_14-42-55.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 4
Badr gave us the same look when he got dropped by Benny and wouldn’t continue.
Also in the second Arek fight when he got dropped by a flying knee, but ultimately got up.
I was sitting ringside when that happened and was like come on man get up, I really got PTSD from the Benny fight.
This time Badr was fortunate to get back up, but he still gave me that exact same look when he was down on his knees.

So my question regarding that Zabit Samedov knockdown and other knockdowns is:
Why doesn’t Badr just get up when he gets dropped and gives that look, since he clearly isn’t completely out of it, in fact he isn’t at the slightest (as far as I can judge his body language from my screen)?
I’m a big Badr fan, but sometimes I don’t understand what’s going on in his head when things like that happen.

Btw here’s an iCloud-link to the Arek knockdown that I filmed during their fight:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0b8yJAfh7MrImoDDU0treNdYw

Last edited:
Badr gave us the same look when he got dropped by Benny and wouldn’t continue.
Also in the second Arek fight when he got dropped by a flying knee, but ultimately got up.
I was sitting ringside when that happened and was like come on man get up, I really got PTSD from the Benny fight.
This time Badr was fortunate to get back up, but he still gave me that exact same look when he was down on his knees.

So my question regarding that Zabit Samedov knockdown and other knockdowns is:
Why doesn’t Badr just get up when he gets dropped and gives that look, since he clearly isn’t completely out of it, in fact he isn’t at the slightest (as far as I can judge his body language from my screen)?
I’m a big Badr fan, but sometimes I don’t understand what’s going on in his head when things like that happen.

Btw here’s an iCloud-link to the Arek knockdown that I filmed during their fight:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0b8yJAfh7MrImoDDU0treNdYw
Nobody got something to say about this?

Nobody got something to say about this?
I think the simple answer is when you are doing something physically difficult and your body is sustaining punishment, its a common reaction for your body to tell your brain to screw off with its ambitions and just take it easy to survive. Its especially common with older athletes with nothing to prove. It happens less than you would expect because the people who tend to decide to dedicate their lives to fighting tend to be very driven.

I think the simple answer is when you are doing something physically difficult and your body is sustaining punishment, its a common reaction for your body to tell your brain to screw off with its ambitions and just take it easy to survive. Its especially common with older athletes with nothing to prove. It happens less than you would expect because the people who tend to decide to dedicate their lives to fighting tend to be very driven.
That should be it I think.
Some fighters still get up and are willing to continue fighting when they’re already pretty much finished goods, resulting in getting knocked out more badly…
So yeah that can be the stupid thing to do when the fighter himself knows very well he got hurt so badly that he’s not going to turn the tide of the fight anymore, but on the other hand it shows their warrior spirit (however there are examples where the hurt fighter still got to win, for example JLB got dropped by Peter Aerts and was hurt pretty bad, but he got back to his feet to ultimately knock Aerts out and win the fight, so sometimes it pays off)

Through the years several people have sad that Hary does not take punches very well (pain basically) and he is prone to lose it mentally although he could continue. This was evident in his two fights with Rico but also in the Samedov fight. He is surprisingly easy to injure and if the gets a knockdown he is not always getting up. It is a mental thing. Badr got some serious knockdowns from Overeem, Shilt and Londt. In the Londt fight his face was disfiguerd but still continued. He was in a better mindset in that fight. Nowadays, he seems lost when he is knocked down.

It's been, what, 6 years since the guys last win?

Edit: Nope I'm wrong. 7 years, not counting that decision win changed to NC where they failed PED tests.

He's an exciting fighter who had his day but I find myself thinking the same thing I think when Tony Fergueson fights "How is he going to lose this time?"

It's been, what, 6 years since the guys last win?

Edit: Nope I'm wrong. 7 years, not counting that decision win changed to NC where they failed PED tests.

He's an exciting fighter who had his day but I find myself thinking the same thing I think when Tony Fergueson fights "How is he going to lose this time?"
My boi Badr hasn't won a fight in 7 years?
giphy.gif

My boi Badr hasn't won a fight in 7 years?
giphy.gif

Badr always had a wild style, and as his chin has deteriorated over the years the flaws in his defense are so easy for even mediocre kickboxers to exploit.

Badr always had a wild style, and as his chin has deteriorated over the years the flaws in his defense are so easy for even mediocre kickboxers to exploit.
Exactly, I have highlighted this also! Right now every major Dutch gym has a blueprint how to defeat Hary. He became predictable, he cannot switch to a different style.

Back