Benson Henderson is the 155 GOAT

hey i love bendo, but he absolutely would have gotten finished by conor, khabib would be a competitive fight though.

bendo is super underappreciated on here because of butthurt edgar fans, and because he usually had close fights with top guys.

Conor would kill all of them easily.

I love Bendo (see my sig) but that title gelongs to BJ Penn, no question about it.

If only BJ had stuck with the Marinovich's then there would be no doubt and this rewriting of history would be less of a problem.

true you know what you actually have a point. Sometimes I forget about how good Diego was before he went full brawler. And Kenflo and Sherk are both underrated absolutely.
It’s crazy to look back and remember that Kenflo is actually a damn good fighter.

It’s crazy to look back and remember that Kenflo is actually a damn good fighter.

I don't know if it still holds, but at some point he must have had the record for submissions in the UFC

dude was choking out EVERYBODY

He had a boring, yet effective wall n stall strategy that got him a long way.
giphy.gif

Bendo would get killed by khabib. Khabib is way to strong for him. Bj is goat as of now, but who can deny khabib when he beats conor and stays undefeated until he retires. Its hard to go undefeated for that long no matter what anyone says. If bj had just stayed at 155 instead of fighting so many way bigger guys he would be even more of a legend, but he was a warrior and loved to fight.

Prime Bendo actually matches up well with khabib and conor

he's the most TALENTED fighter ever but to me his inconsistency prevents it
He wasn’t inconsistent at LW. For close to a decade he dominated the weight class. Only losing once, to the champ, in his 4th ever MMA fight.

He wasn’t inconsistent at LW. For close to a decade he dominated the weight class. Only losing once, to the champ, in his 4th ever MMA fight.

look at how many fights he actually had at LW. it wasn't near as dominant as people pretend. he's still a legend though.

look at how many fights he actually had at LW. it wasn't near as dominant as people pretend. he's still a legend though.
Dude. The guy knocked out the #3 LW in the world, in his 3rd ever MMA fight lol. He was dominant. And he finished guys.

There was one match i had always wanted to see, and it would have involved fireworks right from the start.

Norifumyi (Kid) Yammaoto vs Takanori Gomi.....at one time both were at the top in the Lightweight Division. Yammamoto had some of the fastest hands i ever witnessed.

BEndo is Khabobs worst possible match up at 155.

He matches up perfectly against him

There was one match i had always wanted to see, and it would have involved fireworks right from the start.

Norifumyi (Kid) Yammaoto vs Takanori Gomi.....at one time both were at the top in the Lightweight Division. Yammamoto had some of the fastest hands i ever witnessed.
yeah there was a lot of talk about that back in the day.

honestly, at the time gomi took the bushido tournament, he would've murdered kid. not saying this as criticism of norifumi, but i felt like gomi was the best fighter in the world at the time, he was so sharp. yamamoto was a ridiculous athlete, but he was small, and gomi was a massive puncher at the time. kawajiri was going to be the future of the division, and gomi fucking annihilated him. it was glorious.

it's such a shame that neither could really find success in the states. well, they both declined massively before they even got there, but you know what i mean.

Back