Benson Henderson is the 155 GOAT

Benson is 23-6 at LW.

It's hard to rank BJ Penn at LW since he switched weight classes.
Sure, he was undefeated for a long time.
But his LW record is just 11-3-1.
Granted, all those fights were in the UFC, and 7 (!!) of them were for titles. But still.
If Ferguson wins 1 more his streak will have as many wins as BJ had in his entire LW career.

Not arguing BJ out of the debate because of too few fights, just saying he's tricky to rank.

Last edited:
that's fair

If I'm being honest, I made the title that because I'm just a biased Bendo fan and i knew it'd generate discussion

I felt right around 2013 that Bendo was on his way to becoming the goat......he beat Edgar twice who beat the guy who was the goat the time in Penn and then Diaz and Gil, had 3 defenses and I thought would beat Pettis.

But in all seriousness, if ever Bendo fought Conor and Khabib, he would've had kicked Conor's legs all day, limp him, and would've taken him down mid or late rounds, get him uncomfortable on his back, land shots and ultimately submitting Conor due to his crappy ground game. Let's not forget what he did to a much bigger and dangerous striker Brandon Thatch. That shit was unbelievable

And Bendo has one of the best sprawls in the game, hard to take down and you can't keep him down and stay on top of him. If he fought a rising star like Khabib, he would've kept the fight standing and pick Khabib apart like he did to Khabilov. He's the better striker and mixes it up with hard leg and body kicks, plus Bendo never gets tired like RDA.

To summarize, Bendo would beat both Conor and Khabib imo.

Back