Best and Worst Brands of boxing gloves

Was this comment caused by your temporary "buyers remorse"? haha

haha no the review I posted was just an update of the orginal one I did. First time I bought them I thought 'oh shit what have I done". Then when they arrived and I took them to training all doubt was removed from my mind.

I saw the Rivals and thought they looked awesome and my mate was thinking of buying some, but he tried my Winnings and wanted those too so I was trying to find someone who had tried both for comparison.

I love my Winnings though, they're the best. The addiction is out of control though, got ANOTHER pair (lace ups for sparring) coming in a few weeks.

Is there a gear addicts anonymous?

Actually I find that the best are everlast and the worst by far are lonsdale.

I need to know if these are more comfortable than Winning or Grant. Thoughts?

I hadn't the slightest clue. Your question has me feeling ashamed as a gear reviewer and now I'm looking to buy one of the "Big Four" of the boxing glove elite (Casanova, Winning, Cleto, or Grant). I'll see if I can get a pair to Gonzaginator since he has every glove on the market, apparently.

I think we're posting in it.

But i think sherdog is the reason most of us got hooked on buying so much gear. Seeing and posting all these reviews on how great all our equipment is. It makes my addiction even worse. :icon_twis

Best-Fairtex, Rival, Ringside IMF, Winnings, Cleto, Everlast pro style

Worst-Everlast (everything other than pro style), century

Best-Fairtex, Rival, Ringside IMF, Winnings, Cleto, Everlast pro style

Worst-Everlast (everything other than pro style), century

Even the Everlast pro style is really unreliable. My coach sells Everlast gear (the high end stuff), and everytime I see him bring in new gear I pick it up and try it on and think "man this looks fantastic and feels great too' but sure enough they just don't last.

The protex 3's look great in person and feel perfect on your hand, which just pisses you off even more when they fall apart really quickly.

My coach is always admiring my Winnings but he sells Everlast because Winning won't do wholesale. Plus, in Australia Everlast is THE brand to most, so he makes some good coin. Can't blame him, he's got a family to feed after all.

Despite my fondness of spending money on boxing gear, I refuse to buy anything Everlast. I just don't trust it.

I hadn't the slightest clue. Your question has me feeling ashamed as a gear reviewer and now I'm looking to buy one of the "Big Four" of the boxing glove elite (Casanova, Winning, Cleto, or Grant). I'll see if I can get a pair to Gonzaginator since he has every glove on the market, apparently.
:icon_lol:
I had a lot of gloves at one point, like around 20 pairs or a little more, sold most of them though. Now I have like around 10 pairs left. Winning, Grant, Reyes, IMF Tech, Top Ten and TU 2.0. That's about it. I'll try to post a new pic of my updated gear soon.

Last edited:
:icon_lol:
Now I have like around 10 pairs left. Winning, Grant, Reyes, IMF Tech, Top Ten and TU 2.0. That's about it.

lol, ONLY 10 pairs? my god man every day must be a struggle for you. :icon_lol:

Well 10 is a small number when you cut down from over 20 pairs. :icon_lol:
How many pairs do you got? Don't tell me it's a lot less than 10. Cause I know you're lying. :icon_chee

Well 10 is a small number when you cut down from over 20 pairs. :icon_lol:
How many pairs do you got? Don't tell me it's a lot less than 10. Cause I know you're lying. :icon_chee

:redface: busted.

It depends, I buy gloves for my gym too so if you count those then........no comment.

But at the moment I only have 4 pairs of gloves in my house. So I'm sticking with that answer. :D Let's not talk about the gloves on the way in the mail.....

As of 2 weeks ago, I had 3 FG-5000's sitting on my shelf. But I sold one (plus my FG-2900) to Mikey Mike. Headgear is my weakness!

As soon as Winning is back up and running I can see a big order though. :D

Best I have used are my Fairtex, Twins and Windy. Worst I have used are Everlast and TKO.

But i think sherdog is the reason most of us got hooked on buying so much gear. Seeing and posting all these reviews on how great all our equipment is. It makes my addiction even worse. :icon_twis

What you've never been to an AA meeting in a bar? That shit gets wild...

im looking to buy new bag gloves and i read through this whole thread and came up with a few options. of them, which one would you think has the most value for its price? (i use amazon cause i get 30 bucks off and free two day shipping :D)

Amazon.com: Rival Elite Bag Gloves: Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: Rival Ultra Bag Gloves: Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: Twins Super Bag Gloves: Sports & Outdoors

Couple guys in my gym use that first pair, they seem happy with them.

Gloves that i like are casanova,reyes,grant, and ringside imf.
Where can i get a pair of flores boxing gloves?

Back