Best and worst countries for making friends. LOL at list

And for all the ass play Germans are into they are some stuck up mofos.

Every male Bangladeshi who wanted to be friends with me tried to initiate homo sex at some point and I guess that's friendly. I've got no insight to that country whatsoever. For all I know that's just how it goes.

Afaicr I have only ever been propositioned for a bit of arse banditry by 2 gentlemen whilst on my travels, one Italian dude in Bali and one Arab lookin mofo in Malaysia. Ah yes and a wee gay dude I became friends with in Thailand told me he was a receiver and said I was most welcome to have a go. I politely declined his kind offer.

In The USA, UK, Ireland, go to any pub and walk out with BFFS. In Canada too, unless they are French Canadian. Scandinavians don’t smile, but are adventurous will make friends...they just aren’t as emotive...The Fins are a blast.
I found Spain and France to be snooty.

Russians are less welcoming? Really?

We are some of the kindest out there imo. We happily accept; also are always happy to meet with new people and to make new friends...

Unless you're black.......

Yeah cause you think everybody’s a spy. Watching too many 007 movies.

Judging from this poll, and one in the past which surveyed sexual pleasure, Mexico seems to have some awesome people :D

LOL at no data for africa. my guess it not easy.

also that right. 3rd world and 2nd world the best!

Also think some of the data here is not factoring openess.

Interesting how western europe, usa, canda, australia so high for tolerance, no racism, tribalism, religious crazies, and openess but yet scandinavia ranks low for making friends and so does germany.

map.jpg

l_33749_689300c586b47b31b4e49b7f57455414

That "Attitude of Population Towards Foreign Visitors" needs to be broken down further.
Oftentimes it depends on the origin of the visitor.

I will use Chile as an example, they considered "Less Welcoming" here. I would say on average, maybe that is correct. However, they are very accepting of most Europeans and North Americans, also Brazilians, but they do hate Peruvians, most Argentinos, and all the newly arrived Haitians, for example.

We are some of the kindest out there imo. We happily accept; also are always happy to meet with new people and to make new friends...

"We are some of the kindest out there imo."

I dont know about that Artem <6>

Of course Brazil is welcoming.. more people to mug!

J/K

Kind of.

"We are some of the kindest out there imo."

I dont know about that Artem <6>
Lol, come on. We aren't THAT bad. It may take a little time to become comfortable/familiar with us, but after that we are all good. I don't see how we are bad at making friends.

In The USA, UK, Ireland, go to any pub and walk out with BFFS. In Canada too, unless they are French Canadian. Scandinavians don’t smile, but are adventurous will make friends...they just aren’t as emotive...The Fins are a blast.
I found Spain and France to be snooty.

Maybe because the whole ridiculous perma-optimistic "YAY WOW AWESOME LOOK HOW MUCH OF AN INSPIRATION LIFE IS" attitude just does not sit well with French-Canadians who are cynical by nature.

America, a nation founded on immigration, less welcoming? Some one has been watching too much Fox news.

Life in cities like Novosibirsk and Vladivostok are different from St Petersburg and Moscow? right...

Novosibirsk is a very hospitable place (been there), but the city can be quite depressing, especially in winter when there is very little sunlight in a day, so people are probably less welcoming, but still polite etc. I have never been to Vladivostok, and don't intend to. I think Vladivostok is a nice enough place to go and visit, a bit poorer than Western Russia, but still I imagine hospitable.

I guess language barriers exist for those lazy enough to not learn - at least some of - the language of the country that is being visited. But as for having indigenous majorities... I agree, keep Russia as it is. Students are welcome and tourists etc, but preferably not to live there.
And I think that is what "openness" refers to. Not the 'are you open to chatting and having a beer with a tourist in your country' but rather 'are you open to people immigrating and melding into your society'.

Edit : never mind as I see it is only directed at tourists or visitors.

I'm not sure if I agree with those maps based on my own experience. I found Russia to be fairly welcoming and it was ranked dead last, but maybe it's because I'm white.
Mexico on the other hand, not so much.
Ya i do think being white matters in certain places like that.

i have some Russian friends here in Canada, and I date a Ukrainian gal who speaks fluent Russian. We travel a lot together and she would love to show me Russia and Ukraine but she and my Russian friends said it would likely lead to a lot of conflicts and fights as I am explosive and they would look at it like why is this really hot Ukrainian Russian gal dating that guy. We could likely get away with no problems in the bigger main cities in Ukraine without being challenged on it if we are not to overt but I was told to expect challenge in Russia. Gays guys would have it even worse if they showed anything overt.

So ya being cookie cutter white is probably why which means, on its own cannot qualify a place as welcoming.

I have some Russian friends here in Montreal and I've been invited to their barbecues.

Super fun, super friendly group. Insane drinkers.
Ya i've made quite a few Russian and Ukrainian friends here in Canada and find them very open. But still they all warn me that things would be different for me likely in their countries whether I was with my Ukranian gal or not. Particularly if I traveled there like I like to travel elsewhere which is off the beaten path and going into local establishments that are typically frequented by tourists.

Well F you Russians

My country is pretty unwelcoming according to those stats and I'm not surprised. People here are really closed off and reserved and foreigners often have a really tough time making local friends.

Back