Best Anti-Wrestlers

Cro Cop is 16-1 vs wrestlers, only lost to Randleman.

He beat:

3x Josh Barnett - UFC champion
2x Kazuyuki Fujita - Top 10 ranked MMA fighter at that time, Japanese national wrestling champion
Mark Coleman - UFC & Pride Champion, NCAA Division 1 wrestling champion, silver medail on World championship
Kevin Randleman - UFC champion, NCAA Div 1 champion
Heath Herring - top 5 ranked MMA fighter at that time,
Amir Aliakbari - World Greco-Roman wrestling champion
King Mo - Strikeforce champion, Pan American & US wrestling champion
Ron Waterman - NCAA All american wrestler, 1993 Olympic wrestling hopeful, 130 kg of steroid muscle
Kazushi Sakuraba - UFC tournament champion, former world's no. 1 ranked LHW MMA fighter
Yuji Nagata - Japanese Greco-Roman champion
Dos Caras Jr, - Mexican Olympic wrestler, 4th place on Pan American games where he beat Randy Couture
Hiromitsu Kanehara - RINGS veteran
Yoshihisa Yamamoto - RINGS veteran

this 100%

Cro Cop is definitely up there. I mean look at all the wrestlers he beat:
-Fujita
-Herring
-Waterman
-Barnett
-Randleman
-Coleman
-Lawal
-Aliakbari

I'm also throwing in a Crocop nomination as an excellent "anti-wrestler". The list posted a page or two ago of his victims is a good summary. Watching his TDD against an extremely overmatched Heath Herring -- admittedly not a very good wrestler, which added to the mismatch -- is particularly fun.

You say at LW and then start mentioning Hughes and Rory?

I mean just to prove your point you are going to eliminate FW? Why not include Fitch then who also took him down numerous time and actually drew the fight by taking BJ down and keeping him there.

Also GSP took him down a number of times in both fights as far as I remember. Frankie took him down at will in their third fight and also statistics like this are hugely misleading sometimes for example Frankie destroyed him on the ground for most of the 2nd fight yet you are saying no but he only got taken down like 3 times. I mean Khabib fails multiple times before securing takedowns and it seems like his opponents stopped him a lot but reality is much different at the end.

We have seen some pretty good TDD from BJ, that cannot be denied but he is nowhere close to the best in that aspect as claimed by his fans.

Not sure why we're arguing, he's been taken down by the cream of the crop wrestlers and thats it, he's undeniably top 10 best TDD in UFC history. I think it's pretty clear you just don't like the guy and thats fine but don't act like me calling him one of the best is some ludicrous statement.

For the record though Aldo is still number 1.

Come to think of it GSP might actually be number 1, I can only recall him ever being takendown twice, once by Hughes and once by Koscheck and he fought primarily highlevel wrestlers.

Rob Whittaker. A guy from a striking base. He made Silver Medal Olympian Romeros wrestling practically obsolete.

Jon Jones was a Greco Roman wrestler in his junior years, he still uses it when he fights....

Not sure why we're arguing, he's been taken down by the cream of the crop wrestlers and thats it, he's undeniably top 10 best TDD in UFC history. I think it's pretty clear you just don't like the guy and thats fine but don't act like me calling him one of the best is some ludicrous statement.

For the record though Aldo is still number 1.

Come to think of it GSP might actually be number 1, I can only recall him ever being takendown twice, once by Hughes and once by Koscheck and he fought primarily highlevel wrestlers.

Top 10 TDD is a fair statement, I said he isn't the best. GSP was also taken down by Hendricks. Jones has the best TDD imo. I think he was taken down once by Gus and Cormier and he was instantly up from those as well. And look at the caliber of wretlers hes faced. GSP is probably number 2 and then maybe Aldo and JDS.

Top 10 TDD is a fair statement, I said he isn't the best. GSP was also taken down by Hendricks. Jones has the best TDD imo. I think he was taken down once by Gus and Cormier and he was instantly up from those as well. And look at the caliber of wretlers hes faced. GSP is probably number 2 and then maybe Aldo and JDS.

Yeah that's true. I was going to say Jones but a lot of people get all pissy wgen you mention him and just start making dumb steroid comments like anybody could do what he did if they just take some steroids and skill is not a factor.

Now I just avoid dropping his name for the most part so I don't have to keep getting into the same debate

Yeah that's true. I was going to say Jones but a lot of people get all pissy wgen you mention him and just start making dumb steroid comments like anybody could do what he did if they just take some steroids and skill is not a factor.

Now I just avoid dropping his name for the most part so I don't have to keep getting into the same debate

Fair enough. Personally I don't care too much about steroids since I think most everybody is using and it is pretty stupid to deny how skillful Jones is.

Fair enough. Personally I don't care too much about steroids since I think most everybody is using and it is pretty stupid to deny how skillful Jones is.

I agree. They may help you train longer and might help a guy mentally by giving them more self confidence but they would do anything for you if you aren't willing to put in the hours and hardwork.

You don't become JJ or Lance Armstrong simply because of steroids. It's absurd to dismiss someones accomplishments based on a failed test. If it was that easy they wouldn't be head and shoulders above the rest.

Cro Cop has a pretty solid record against wrestlers Waterman, Fujita, Barnett, Randleman, Coleman, Aliakbari etc

Some guys are just good at derailing wrestlers hype and ability.

1. Jon Jones is for me the biggest Anti-wrestler on all levels from All-Americans to Olyampians. Vlad mats, Rashad, Sonnen, Bader, Hamill, O'Brien, and Cormier these are all elite wrestlers.

2. Robbie Lawler his been taking out many wrestlers lately

3. Chuck Lidell

4. Aldo

Nobody else comes to mind right now?

This is one of the stupidest posts I have seen on Sherdog.

Jones wrestled in college, he got kicked out for bad behavior.

Cro Cop even past his prime is still very tough to take down. Also some people say Junior Dos Santos didn't face good wrestlers so his takedown defense is overrated. I disagree because even Cain struggled to take him down & their fights were almost completely standing.

Back