Best Baseball Player of the 1990s

Bonds or Griffey Jr

• Total voters
Bonds because of availability. Griff was the better player, but injured too much

Albert Belle
It's interesting you say that though, cause dude was never popped for PEDs. He is a grade A asshole, but he had some prolific numbers. Still has the White Sox record for most HR and RBI in a season.

Barry's stats even in the 90s were incredible. Griffey might have hit a couple more home runs per season (38 vs 36), but Bonds had more than twice as many stolen bases per season (34 vs 15), and a substantially higher wOBA (.434 vs .406). Defensively they're both exceptional.

I'll pick Bonds.

Last edited:
Wait -- no mention of Derek Jeter? How about A-rod or Pedro?

Seriously.

Wait -- no mention of Derek Jeter? How about A-rod or Pedro?

Seriously.

A-rod and Jeter only played a few years in the 90s and they were not the same caliber as Griffey or Bonds during that time. If we want to include pitchers, then Pedro isn't even the best pitcher of the 90s (that would be Greg Maddux).

gotta with Griffey Jr., man both names were huge across sports just makes you shake your head where baseball is now

Voted JR. Was a beast until he broke his wrist the first major of many injuries. Aside from hin i loved watching black Jack McDowell, Greg Maddux, and Wade Boggs play. All were such "blue collar" players.

Griffey by a good margin.

This is why I don't much bother talking baseball in here. LMAO. Bonds was twice the player Griffey was, even in the 90's. This isn't close and Griffey isn't even second.

This is why I don't much bother talking baseball in here. LMAO. Bonds was twice the player Griffey was, even in the 90's. This isn't close and Griffey isn't even second.
Griffey didn't gain 80lbs via juicing, and was a batter baseball player than Barry Bonds overall.

Griffey didn't gain 80lbs via juicing, and was a batter baseball player than Barry Bonds overall.
Absolutely not. Griffey was a better natural homerun hitter. That is the beginning and end of things Griffey was better at on field. Off field is another matter, but Bonds dwarfs him in total offensive production and equals him in the field.

And even the people writing books about Bonds' cheating say he started after the 1998 season, meaning the 90's is mostly straight up comparison. Bonds is a better hitter, better plate discipline by a mile, better at using all fields, better baserunner, a GG outfielder (they both were), and a 3x mvp long before he stuck any needles anywhere.

Back