best bodyfat% method

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This pt few years back had the calipers thing where they pinch your skin and do a formula i was at 218 at that time im guessing iw as around 22% to 25% bodyfat due to me normally being 195-200 with a 4 pack well he tried to say i was 10% bodyfat and i told him i fight at 170 and get myself down to around 185 5 days before weigh ins and he said ohh well that must mean your losing tons of muscle..lol

everywhere i read it always says that its so hard to get an accurate reading i dont understand how things could be off that high whats the bets method to hopefully least getting within 2 to 3%

Hydrostatic weighing or BodPod measurements are probably your best bet. You'll probably spend about $50 for either, at least that's the going rate in my area.

2nd the hydrostatic (underwater) weighing for accuracy. Find a local university to usually get the cheapest price and it's fairly idiot proof so the results should be very accurate. Problem with the skin fold calipers you mentioned is potentially many: they have to be properly calibrated, the reader needs to be experienced to pinch correctly and you need to do several sites on the body, not just 3 or 5 to try and increase accuracy. I use them as a range finder along with a bioimpedance meter, gives me a ballpark at least. If you really want to know with certainty, go hydrostatic weighing.

Hydrostatic weighing or BodPod most accurate I understand

Calpiers can be ok but totally depends on who is doing it and you really want to do 7 sites. I would say if you want to track BF changes over time then getting someone who can measure consistently in the same way say once a month or whatever will be fine.

Depends on why you want to know your BF. If its just as one off Hydrostatic weighing or BodPod if over a period to see if losing fat callipers by someone decent will give u direction of travel.

this was 5 years ago he pinched like 9 parts of my body but for it to say 10% was crazy iv googled 10% and noway lol i was prob 25% given i was 218 and im normally around 10% looking at 195 or 190

Back