Best boxers who had little power?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I can only really think of Frankie Edgar and Jimmie Rivera.

Are there any other fighters who fit this description in UFC?

Nick and Nate
Jorge Masvidal

I thought Jimmy Rivera had decent power?

I feel like Shane Carwin was overrated in punching power. Vitor had pillow fist and relied mainly on his kicks

I don't think it's a matter of these guys lacking power, although I'm sure there are boxers who punch harder than others. I really believe it's a matter of how these guys utilize(d) their boxing skills. Did they hunker down and go for kill shots, or where they shooting for points and/or setups?

Chris Lytle had some decent boxing but never really put anyone away with one big shot.

If Bisping isn't retired yet he may fit the bill.

yeah, it goes back to watching closely. The guys he punched weren't out per se. They were moe worn out so his record is padded with knockouts. Very overrated
No clue what you just said

Jimmy Rivera has a lot of power for a lighter weight class fighter.

Dominick Cruz, mainly due to his unmatched footwork.
Joanna, of course. She finished her opponents through sheer volume and precision, not through power.

yeah, it goes back to watching closely. The guys he punched weren't out per se. They were moe worn out so his record is padded with knockouts. Very overrated

fymya8.jpg

dqr59g.jpg

apdzly.jpg

K.

"Precision beats power..." amirite?

98dW9C.gif

Jimmie has good power, he just doesn't over commit. He's a go for the win, not the finish kind of fighter.

I'd say Dom, Frankie, JJ contender, Jon Jones, and Aljo are all good examples.

Back