Best boxers who had little power?

GSP really hasn't shown much power in his hands besides the left hook that he landed on Bisping who isn't neccesarily known for his chin, at 185 pounds. Other than that he never really hurt guys with his hands, more his kicks, but he is a very good boxer.

First guy to really effectively utilize the jab in mma and show it can be used to win fights.

look at how many punches Wanderlei took. He took a nap due to all those pillow fists
giphy.gif

GSP really hasn't shown much power in his hands besides the left hook that he landed on Bisping who isn't neccesarily known for his chin, at 185 pounds. Other than that he never really hurt guys with his hands, more his kicks, but he is a very good boxer.

First guy to really effectively utilize the jab in mma and show it can be used to win fights.
He starched Jay Heiron back in the day, and put a serious beating on Fitch even though he didn't KO him.
tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Nate and Nick Diaz. Bisping has pretty decent boxing too for someone with no power but I wouldn't say he's one of the best.

I feel like Shane Carwin was overrated in punching power. Vitor had pillow fist and relied mainly on his kicks
his hands were bigger than brocks and they had to make him special gloves. not to mention hes a master mechanic. got them man hands from workin son

Boku has really good boxing but limited power although he scored the odd impressive stoppage.

Floyd Mayweather Sr. (TMT Daddy).

He fought Sugar Ray Leonard who had power & speed, Mayweather Sr. just had speed.

yeah, it goes back to watching closely. The guys he punched weren't out per se. They were moe worn out so his record is padded with knockouts. Very overrated
Rich Franklin, Matt Linland, Hendo,
Sexiyama, Wand, Terry Martin, Tank
And Ferroza all disagree im sure.
Bet there are a few I forgot.

Jimmie has good power, he just doesn't over commit. He's a go for the win, not the finish kind of fighter.

I'd say Dom, Frankie, JJ contender, Jon Jones, and Aljo are all good examples.
Idk about Jones, I’d say boxing is the one thing he’s not great at

I feel like Shane Carwin was overrated in punching power. Vitor had pillow fist and relied mainly on his kicks
I feel like the Vitor aura carried over from his early UFC days, when he was roided to the teeth and they were basically proclaiming him to be MMA's Tyson. And, for what it's worth, aura wise, I think Young Vitor was the closest thing to a Tyson that we have had, even tho it did not take long for Randy to take apart that facade.

All boxers are pillow fisted manlets who can’t KO their little brother

I feel like the Vitor aura carried over from his early UFC days, when he was roided to the teeth and they were basically proclaiming him to be MMA's Tyson. And, for what it's worth, aura wise, I think Young Vitor was the closest thing to a Tyson that we have had, even tho it did not take long for Randy to take apart that facade.
Nah. The way he starched Martin, Lindland, Franklin and Akiyama showed he still had power later in his career.

Lindland was the only time I ever thought a fighter might be dead or brain damaged.

Idk about Jones, I’d say boxing is the one thing he’s not great at
Word, Aljo is bad too. Idk what I was thinking. Spaced out I guess. Must of just started listing dudes with bad hands.

Jose Aldo has good boxing but hasn't put anyone away with it directly.

Grant it, he's used that boxing as a primary weapon against fighters with iron chins (e.g., Edgar, Holloway).

Maybe he could put away lesser fighters with boxing. His kicks were in the past were BRUTAL though.

Back