best boxing movie

LHWBelt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Whats the best boxing movie yall have ever watched? I'm trying to watch some more but idk if I've already seen all the best ones. I'd prefer a heavyweight fighter's story but anything works. My current favorite is cindarella man.

Rocky 2

The Boxer

The Fighter

Requiem for a Heavyweight

Whats the best boxing movie yall have ever watched? I'm trying to watch some more but idk if I've already seen all the best ones. I'd prefer a heavyweight fighter's story but anything works. My current favorite is cindarella man.
Try "Chuck" it's about Wepner, starring Liev Schrieber

Thanks mate i remember hearing about that one but never saw it.
The first half of the flick is your Standard boxing movie, then it turns into "Blow" with Johnny depp lol

The first half of the flick is your Standard boxing movie, then it turns into "Blow" with Johnny depp lol

I mean it's a great story I'll have to see how they put it together.

Some movie where a gritty working class white shows those athletically gifted blacks that his moxie is enough to bridge some of the skill difference.

Undisputed with Wesley Snipes and Marcellus Wallace (Ving Rhames)

Undisputed with Wesley Snipes and Marcellus Wallace (Ving Rhames)
Was gonna say this. Boxing movies are usually a weird parody of some kind. But this is legit good.

Last edited:
If you can watch old movies check out The Set-Up (1949). It's only 72 minutes and takes place in real time. It's about an aging journeyman whose manager makes a deal with some gangsters for him to take a dive but with everything he's got going on forgets to tell his fighter. I really liked it.

Body and soul, raging bull, fat city, requiem for a heavyweight, rocky, million dollar baby, the great white hope...

Raging bull
The fighter
Somebody Up There Likes Me

Creed is the best in the world, Micheal b Jordan is a really good actor and Tony bellew did a really good job in that movie too.

Diggstown
The Set up (real good)
Great White Hype ( May v Mac remake)

Last edited:
Back