best boxing movie

Raging Bull for me. De Niro gave a masterclass of a performance as La Motta.

I like The Fighter too.

And while not a drama the Ring Of Fire: The Emile Griffith Story was a great documentary that almost had me in tears at the end.

I really liked Hurricane with Denzel Washington...
..well it is not really a movie about boxing...but a movie about a boxer...

Has anybody seen: Hands of stone?

Well considering the whole movie is a pack of lies, i personally hated this once i knew the full story

There is one film i thought was a lot better than others, i thought Southpaw was a lot better than any of the other boxing films i have seen, but only because it was a better film than the rest

None of them really show off what boxing is really like, other than Rocky V of course

Well considering the whole movie is a pack of lies, i personally hated this once i knew the full story

There is one film i thought was a lot better than others, i thought Southpaw was a lot better than any of the other boxing films i have seen, but only because it was a better film than the rest

None of them really show off what boxing is really like, other than Rocky V of course

What was lies about the hurricane? I read a few books on it about 10 years ago?

What was lies about the hurricane? I read a few books on it about 10 years ago?

The film made out he was going to be a world champ, he was fucking done by the time he was arrested for that, and while the police were extremely sketchy, he couldnt actually say where he was as he had no concrete witnesses.

I actually loved the film, and read the book and stopped at a certain point, as the film seemed like a complete fabrication of the truth.

In no way am i saying other parties involved were not shady as fuck, but the whole thing stinks, and the story told in the film is certainly not in any way related to what actually happened and the order of things.

How did i forget about Southpaw!
...was pretty good

But for me....there was too much in it, they could've made an 3hour movie out of it...there was alot going on

The film made out he was going to be a world champ, he was fucking done by the time he was arrested for that, and while the police were extremely sketchy, he couldnt actually say where he was as he had no concrete witnesses.

I actually loved the film, and read the book and stopped at a certain point, as the film seemed like a complete fabrication of the truth.

In no way am i saying other parties involved were not shady as fuck, but the whole thing stinks, and the story told in the film is certainly not in any way related to what actually happened and the order of things.

One thing that stuck in my mind from a few books- biography and autobiography was the way bob dylan used his story for the song then never responded to any calls/letters for any future appeals

One thing that stuck in my mind from a few books- biography and autobiography was the way bob dylan used his story for the song then never responded to any calls/letters for any future appeals

I'd have to dig out the book again, but yeah from what i recall, Dylan for all his hero status, just used him to try and gain a bit of leverage and increase his popularity.

The film makes it out like the guy was an innocent black guy on his way to winning a world championship, when infact he was an ex-boxer who was a criminal and people like Dylan just used him to gain some popularity, and all the while, the cops look bent as fuck as well.

I used to love the film, until i read the book, and the film is a fabrication of what happened.

I'd have to dig out the book again, but yeah from what i recall, Dylan for all his hero status, just used him to try and gain a bit of leverage and increase his popularity.

The film makes it out like the guy was an innocent black guy on his way to winning a world championship, when infact he was an ex-boxer who was a criminal and people like Dylan just used him to gain some popularity, and all the while, the cops look bent as fuck as well.

I used to love the film, until i read the book, and the film is a fabrication of what happened.

Hmm i had a look at his fight record, the year he was arrested he had 8 fights lol? That doesnt seem like an ex boxer tho???? Shit fighters nowadays have 1 fight a year lol

Hmm i had a look at his fight record, the year he was arrested he had 8 fights lol? That doesnt seem like an ex boxer tho???? Shit fighters nowadays have 1 fight a year lol

I think you need to check out his record again, he had lost a lot of fights and was never going to be a 'champion', he was basically paying bills and still losing fights.

it does not excuse anything else though, i just feel that a lot of people think he was some kind of fighter who had the rug pulled from under him, when he was on his way to being a champion, when in reality, he was a fighter who had a criminal history and was probably stiched up by crooked police, but he had a pretty shady background and from the book i have read(dsclaimer), he didnt really have a great alibi

..well it is not really a movie about boxing...but a movie about a boxer...

Has anybody seen: Hands of stone?
I watched hands of stone on a plane. It was just OK.

I think you need to check out his record again, he had lost a lot of fights and was never going to be a 'champion', he was basically paying bills and still losing fights.

it does not excuse anything else though, i just feel that a lot of people think he was some kind of fighter who had the rug pulled from under him, when he was on his way to being a champion, when in reality, he was a fighter who had a criminal history and was probably stiched up by crooked police, but he had a pretty shady background and from the book i have read(dsclaimer), he didnt really have a great alibi

yea i never thought he was a championship fighter but 6 fights a year is not an 'ex' fighter

Back