Best credit card?

freaky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm about to open a new credit card after being ripped off by Wells Fargo (world's weakest bank and credit card)

Doing research and it seems Chase's Amazon credit card is pretty bad ass for no annual fee. No foreign transaction fee, 3% (5% for prime members) on all Amazon purchase, 2% on restaurants, gas and drugstores, 1% on all else. I'm really thinking about getting this card since I shop so much on Amazon.

What else is good? Preferably one with no annual fee. What you guys use?

Protip: Don't ever use Wells Fargo

logo-dinersclub-stack.jpg

More proof that human kind should go back to a bartering system.

Someone else's

/thread

Get the ones Samuel L Jackson sells. They're cool commercials.

I have had a capital one and a discover card for a long time. No real complaints from either.

'Mastercard' has now taken the lead over 'Visa' and 'American Express'.

I had one 'Visa' card that the company switched to 'Mastercard'. Weird deal.

'American Express' is not accepted in many places because it charges the merchant a high fee.

Last edited:
I saw Citi gives reward pts usable within Amazon. Better than gift cards from stores I wouldn't buy anything from.

What do you spend your money on? Cash back or points? What is your credit score? Remember the initial points from opening up a card can be substantial.

My favorite card for the moment is the Chase Sapphire Reserve. If you travel frequently, that is a great way to go. Used to be 100,000 points for a sign up bonus. It is a fee card.

Uber is opening up a card through Barclays that seems interesting as well.

AMEX

Visas are one step up from a Discover or Diners Club card.

They'd give a Visa to your family pet if they could. It's the whore of the credit card companies

the amazon CC is pretty sweet if you shop there often..

chase sapphire reserve is also very popular.. i'm too cheap to pay for a CC though..

I use a variety of Credit Cards and always pay off my balances. I make money ($1,000 to $1,500 a year) on cash back rewards.

My favorite is the Costco Citicard. - 3% cash back on Gas, Travel, and Restaurants.

AMEX Blue - 3% cash back on groceries. They give you 6% if you upgrade and pay an annual fee (I stuck with the 3% one for free).

I also have the Chase Prime card which gives 5% on Amazon purchases.

I also have a Card from Navy Federal Credit Union. It gave 2% back on all purchases for 18 months and now it's only 1.5% on all purchases. If you do have a balance, the credit union cards have very low interest rates on their cards (Mine is 7.99%).

I use a variety of Credit Cards and always pay off my balances. I make money ($1,000 to $1,500 a year) on cash back rewards.

My favorite is the Costco Citicard. - 3% cash back on Gas, Travel, and Restaurants.

AMEX Blue - 3% cash back on groceries. They give you 6% if you upgrade and pay an annual fee (I stuck with the 3% one for free).

I also have the Chase Prime card which gives 5% on Amazon purchases.

I also have a Card from Navy Federal Credit Union. It gave 2% back on all purchases for 18 months and now it's only 1.5% on all purchases. If you do have a balance, the credit union cards have very low interest rates on their cards (Mine is 7.99%).

Costco citicard is my fave...the cash back rewards are unmatched by any card

Back