Best credit card?

'Mastercard' has now taken the lead over 'Visa' and 'American Express'.

I had one 'Visa' card that the company switched to 'Mastercard'. Weird deal.

'American Express' is not accepted in many places because it charges the merchant a high fee.

Is that still true about american express? I recently began using one again and have found everybody is accepting it.

AMEX

Visas are one step up from a Discover or Diners Club card.

They'd give a Visa to your family pet if they could. It's the whore of the credit card companies

Visa and MC are indistuingishable from one another, and they don't have anything to do with the card itself. Some companies focus on cards catering to low credit scores, while others offer very alluring rewards but are more discriminating. They're all Visa cards.

AMEX offer great rewards but they aren't accepted everywhere and some require minimum spending, I believe.

Chase Sapphire and Capital One Venture and Citi AAdvantage all offer great rewards. Some cards have lower APR but the balance to that is fewer or no rewards. I have one low APR card but I always use my Venture because it offers 2 points back per dollar and I can apply them to anything travel related.

Costco Citi card.

4% back on gas
3% dining / restaurants
2% Costco purchases
1% everything else

Monthly FICO score which I value after the recent Equifax fiasco.

Is that still true about american express? I recently began using one again and have found everybody is accepting it.

I find that a lot of places on the internet do not accept AMEX.

I'm happy with my American Expess Amex card. They make an app to go with it. Easy to keep tabs on it & bill pay is super easy.

If you're an outdoorsman, I'd recommend the bass pro visa because you'll rack up reward points.

blackcardwelcomekit1.bmp

Amex platinum if you spend a lot of money every year, discover it if not.
Of course pay off the balance every month.
I might run into 1 place out of 100 that dont take amex, none have ever refused discover.

I forgot I had an amex until they mailed me a new one.

Thinking about this cobalt card fitting my lifestyle best right now due to the eats/drinks being biggest benefit, and travel second:

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-09-20%2Bat%2B12.46.43%2BPM.png

Yeah I'm good! Just laying low because of the dubs of life! Dec 5 the dominance will return!
Good news! I feel like there needs to be a countdown until the return of John Wang's dominance

AMEX if you pay it off every month.

I checked em all, and if you spend a lot of cash every month, amex is the best hands down
I forgot I had an amex until they mailed me a new one.

Thinking about this cobalt card fitting my lifestyle best right now due to the eats/drinks being biggest benefit, and travel second:

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-09-20%2Bat%2B12.46.43%2BPM.png

Maybe cash back. So far, it seems like Costco is the best. There are many Sherdoggers vouching for costco and I do shop there every week. I don't shop at Amazon as much. But reviews for costco citibank card sucks. I like how Amazon is Visa Signature too. Not sure what's the difference.

what did wells fargo do to screw you over?

It was my first card which I got right out of high school. Used it for a few years (couple thousand dollars or tens of thousand) realized I'm not getting no benefits from it even though it's supposed to be some kind of rewards card. Somehow I got zero points for all the money I spent. Totally ripped me off.

Whatever so I upgraded it to my current "go far rewards" card. A few more years later and realized that it's a measely 1% cash back card with no other benefits. So far I racked up 300 dollars worth of redeemable cash. Going to upgrade it again to the 1.5% "wise money" card + phone insurance if I pay my phone bill with it.

So because of all this I decided to look at other cards and found out about Chase Amazon Visa signature card and Costco's Citi card. I'm thinking about these 2 hard right now..Anyone with anymore tips or ideas? I'm leaning towards Amazon cuz of the no foreign transaction fee.

Last edited:
Discover is wack and isn't even accepted at many places.

I am part owner of 3 bars in jersey we don't take that mark ass buster of a card

It’s actually underrated as f

They now give interchange plus pricing to merchants unlike amex take it or leave it flat rate and they were the first to give consumers access to their credit score for free and straight cash back rewards. They also are extremely forgiving and easy to work with on waiving a late fee or overnighting a new card etc. I believe they also give you access to your credit limit as soon as you click pay unlike a Bank of America visa for example that will wait “2 days to post” before it will show up in your available balance.

It does look weird though using it in front of those with with status driven eyes.

That said nothing beats Amex. They literally do everything and then some for their customers. I’ve never been told no for anything. Everything is above and beyond. I sell merchant services and I have a lot of “urban” clubs and I always tell them not to take Amex because they will lose all of the disputes which tend to be excessive in those environments. Customer always wins with an Amex on a dispute no matter what document the merchant provides . I lost one for 100 bucks at a restaurant on my chase united rewards card. Food was horrible and was overcharged. Chase sided with the merchant even though I didn’t even sign the slip.

Back to op. Get one Amex the best one you can get, and any MasterCard visa since ex isn’t accepted everywhere. And always pay them off no balance .

Good luck

Back