Best filling for a punching bag (Sawdust vs Rags vs Sand)

Platinum dust, cause you know. Or republicans, cause they won't see it coming and when it hits them they still won't know what happened but act like everything is cool and they meant to do that.

Definitely not sand. Someone should make a water filled punching bag. Rags would probably be best out of your options.
Wavemaster standing punching bags can be filled with water but the motion is complete shit

Wavemaster standing punching bags can be filled with water but the motion is complete shit

Yeah those standing punching bags suck. I meant a hanging one filled with water. Plus I dont think the one youre talking about is even filled with water, just the base is to keep it from moving too much. I mean the actual bag filled with water.

Human extremities IMO

Yeah those standing punching bags suck. I meant a hanging one filled with water. Plus I dont think the one youre talking about is even filled with water, just the base is to keep it from moving too much. I mean the actual bag filled with water.

They do make them.

Search for

www.amazon.com/Century-Tidal-Wave-HydroCore-Heavy/dp/B000VBSPFK

Foam with a water core. Supposed to be easier on your hands/wrists. I don't know about the durability.

Wow that actually looks pretty promising and seems to have good reviews. My only question would be how much does that outer foam give? If its not too hard and more like memory foam then it would be awesome.

Ya, I was looking at getting a heavy bag a few years ago. I was researching the water bags. There is also this one which does not have as many reviews. Though I think they are supposed to be decent. I'm guessing the foam would hold up unless you are a big HW smashing it for 30 minutes a day. But again, I haven't used them I just remember researching when I was looking to buy one.

http://www.titleboxing.com/title-liquishock-foam-water-heavy-bag-3

I bought a used bag filled with sand packets and rags and it sucked after a few months. The sand all sank to the bottom and collected in large pockets that were like hitting a giant sandbag in certain spots. I hard to mark the hard spots with giant marker so I didn't hit them. Then I stopped using it b/c I almost broke my hand/wrists.

So Im on the process of buying a new punching bag that is better than the old shitty one that Ive had for years. So whats the best material for the inside.

Sawdust or Rags or Sand

Whats the best option for not fucking up your hands so much. It seems theres not enough information on it on google that why I come to the always reliable Sherdog Forums

I just posted earlier if you didn't see it but they make water filled bags too. Don't get sand IMO. I've never heard of sawdust filled bags.

Ya, I was looking at getting a heavy bag a few years ago. I was researching the water bags. There is also this one which does not have as many reviews. Though I think they are supposed to be decent. I'm guessing the foam would hold up unless you are a big HW smashing it for 30 minutes a day. But again, I haven't used them I just remember researching when I was looking to buy one.

http://www.titleboxing.com/title-liquishock-foam-water-heavy-bag-3

I bought a used bag filled with sand packets and rags and it sucked after a few months. The sand all sank to the bottom and collected in large pockets that were like hitting a giant sandbag in certain spots. I hard to mark the hard spots with giant marker so I didn't hit them. Then I stopped using it b/c I almost broke my hand/wrists.

Yes thats the problem with sand. The gravity pull makes it turn as hard as a rock.

people may laugh, but shit is really the best thing you can use. you just have to moisten it with water every now and then

people may laugh, but shit is really the best thing you can use. you just have to moisten it with water every now and then
That sounds like a good marketing opportunity:

THE DANA WHITE PUNCHING BAG

Costs a lot, but it comes stuffed full of shit and includes an artificial snow maker.

I use actual dust. Sure, it took a long time to fill the bag, (7 years), but I find it far superior to sawdust.
It's lighter but more cushiony.
I'm a hand model And I've got dainty hands so it's easy on the money makers.
Hope this helps!

Cement. Help strengthen hand bones.

I swear I bought my 100 pound 6 ft Thai-style bag for $99 quite possibly. It is synthetic leather so that explains why it was cheaper. If my memory is even close to accurate, can't justify a home-made bag for that price.

I prefer sand but I'm pretty big and need the resistance / weight behind it. Also it is just more satisfying IMO. Like a giant stress ball.

Back