Best footwork in the game apart from TJ??

ClueChap

don't let the belt fool ya boi
@Orange
Reaction score
First one that comes to mind?

First thing that comes to mind when you talk about footwork

lz1gn.jpg

Besides TJ? He literally copied Cruz’s style...

Prime Jardine had some phenomenal movement.

Every fighter copied someone else's style. You don't learn to fight in a vacuum. Youre influenced by fighters you've watched, fought, we're trained by.

DJ, Cruz, Edgar, Wonderboy....Conor's flowy touch-butt shenanigans is also up there.

Every fighter copied someone else's style. You don't learn to fight in a vacuum. Youre influenced by fighters you've watched, fought, we're trained by.
Not true at all. Who has Jon Jones copied? Conor? Machida? The list goes on

I do not think their styles are all that similar. Both have great footwork but excel in different areas. Other guys that have have great footwork:
DJ - may be the best
J. Jones
Conor
Whittaker
Ferguson
Rose
Sergio Pettis

Hot Take inbound:

I don't think Cruz or TJ have amazing footwork; it's just fancy. Footwork can also be seen as being in good position, forcing your opponent to move, etc.

Boxing Legends TV had a great video on this comparing Ali to someone else, I wish I could find it.

As far as who I think has the best footwork in MMA, hard question. McGregor is pretty good, I thought Aldo used to be pretty great; especially the way he defended against wrestlers, Till is looking good from a MT standpoint, Wonderboy has good karate footwork, etc.
That said, I'm not about to argue that Cruz and TJ aren't good at moving their feet. I just don't think it's the best ever seen.

Back