Best footwork in the game apart from TJ??

You’re right and I should have posted more with an explanation. They both have similar footwork now (TJ changed his entire style) but Cruz constantly moves in and out while TJ stalls more often.
Troll confirmed... nice disguise tho

Not when you are using footwork to get there.

Conor's footwork is more about setting traps and then countering when he's in the right spot, but you have to have phenomenal footwork to put yourself in bad spots on purpose.

It's less active footwork than say TJ or Edgar, and he used it towards a different game plan, but it's still footwork.
Solid point but the very fact that you said he has less active footwork than TJ, kinda proves that TJ is superior when it comes to footwork. After all pretty much the most important aspect of footwork in general is staying active and frequently moving in an unpredictable and fast, choppy manor. Which describes TJ to T, I mean it’s like his feet have a mind of there own

Solid point but the very fact that you said he has less active footwork than TJ, kinda proves that TJ is superior when it comes to footwork.

No, it doesn't. Activity does not equate to effectiveness.
If that were the case, hair swinging Guida would be the GOAT.

After all pretty much the most important aspect of footwork in general is staying active and frequently moving in an unpredictable and fast, choppy manor. Which describes TJ to T, I mean it’s like his feet have a mind of there own

That's not actually true. The most important thing is to be in the right position. A lof of the foot work TJ does is misdirection to allow him to get into the right position. Conor uses less energy to do the same thing.

You could argue TJ has the better footwork, I like TJ a lot.

Still, activity is not the water mark for effective footwork.

After all pretty much the most important aspect of footwork in general is staying active and frequently moving in an unpredictable and fast, choppy manor. Which describes TJ to T, I mean it’s like his feet have a mind of there own

That describes Guida lol.

It's important to be unpredictable, but I'd say being 'smooth' is better than 'choppy'.

That describes Guida lol.

It's important to be unpredictable, but I'd say being 'smooth' is better than 'choppy'.
True tbf, smooth and intentional with every step, but lightning quick

McGregor and Till have the best footwork in the UFC and it's really not even close. TJ isn't even in the discussion.

No, it doesn't. Activity does not equate to effectiveness.
If that were the case, hair swinging Guida would be the GOAT.

That's not actually true. The most important thing is to be in the right position. A lof of the foot work TJ does is misdirection to allow him to get into the right position. Conor uses less energy to do the same thing.

You could argue TJ has the better footwork, I like TJ a lot.

Still, activity is not the water mark for effective footwork.
You beat me to this - you are correct in pointing out the flaws in this definition of "great" footwork. He has defined what is great "neo-footwork", which in my opinion isnt the best footwork.

Back