Best Grappling Dummy for Submission and BJJ?

What is the best grappling dummy available for submission and bjj training? I know there is no substitute for a live coaching partner, however for those times i do not have a partner and wish to train submission technique and ground work how helpful would a grappling dummy be? And which bjj dummy would be the closest to a live person?

Yup You are right sumbission training is difficult using grappling dummy. but we can use grappling dummy. I am also using one these days in australia and i m really comfortable with it. For best quality grappling dummy simply follow:
http://rdxsports.com/en_au/boxing/punch-bags/grappling-dummy

I always thought these looked cool, but I never got around to trying to build one...

Just FYI, there are leather grappling dummies for about $130-170. I'm planning on getting one for $150 and to put a Gi on him to practice some lapel as well as no Gi (I'll strip him) chokes.

You can visualize your opponent and do the moves on your own like shadow boxing.

i have the Fairtex Maddox grappling dummy (version 2 with hands and feet) and while it was pricey, I think it was worth it, at least for me. I use it all the time to do drills. There are a few positions you cannot train (for example de la riva, x-guard) but otherwise great for closed guard, side control, half-guard, etc.

It does not of course replace a live person, but that is not what I wanted it for. I need to break down and slowly go over moves, exploring the positions at my leisure so I can remember them. Has helped me tremendously as cannot drill as much or as slowly at the gym

And it is decent for more realistic speeds to integrate the component parts into a whole. It weights 60lbs (majority in the legs), and I am going to buy a weighted vest to make it heavier and more balanced weight-wise.

Back