• A Nightmare on Elm Street

• The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

• Jacob's Ladder

• Carrie

• Poltergeist

• The Ring

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just jumped back into the horror genre after a LONG break (Wife stopped watching them), and a friend and I just finished the four Conjuring movies.

Conjuring: Well worth the watch. Great all around horror movie with tons of quality chill inducing moments. First place in this series all the way.
Conjuring 2: Two GREAT vessels that the demons used in this movie, but the end felt rushed. Still pretty solid and is tied for me as the second place winner in this series. This made me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stoaked for The Nun, that bitch is scary as fuck in this....
Conjuring 3 - Annabelle: We saved this one for last, as the fourth movie is the prequel. It was probably the worst for me, but I still enjoyed it. Fourth place in the series for me.
Conjuring 4 - Annabelle's Creation: Great origin story for the doll, lots of crazy scares, and lots of nasty deaths. This was tied in second place for the series for me, and well worth the watch.

We are watching The Witch tomorrow and Thursday at lunch, and I will come back and update y'all based on that. heard GREAT things, saw SOME bad things, so hoping for the best.

Martyrs is a great movie. And one of the all-time fuck you up movies, along with Irreversible. The French know how to cinematically scar.

I had The Exorcist ruined for me when I was a teenager, by Jay Leno. I had never seen it, and I never watched his shitty show, but I was somewhere where it was on one night, and he did one of his stupid monologue jokes, and then the punchline was they cut to the clip of the girl walking down the stairs backwards & upside down like a spider, which I guess was supposed to be one of the big reveals and a shocking moments in the movie. So when I finally watched it, the punch was kinda taken out of the movie for me. One more reason to hate that awful hack.

You are now my Jay Leno. Thanks a lot.

Was that your pick? I didn't think it would get many votes.

I was more into horror when I was a kid because it was legitimately scary to me since I wasn't completely sure what all was possible in reality and whatnot. But yeah as a kid, Jason scared me more than any other killer.

SuspiriaItaly.jpg

tumblr_m3rd7pzc3m1rne776o9_r1_500.gif
f11cecdc84576417d73e96cee978c413bc9e1b19_hq.gif

It's more than just Horror.

Wasn't another guy in a suit.

There were no stupid ass reactions from the characters. Everyone did the best they could.

They just lost.

As they likely would against such a situation.
Nailed it.

I was wondering the other day, was there ever a horror movie where they didn't follow all the dumb cliches? Even Scream was beholden to them, for all its self-awareness. Yet another reason to love this movie.

is get out really considered a horror film?

Curious how yall rate horror movies. I know all of you are over 10yo so I’m sure no movie actually ‘scares’ you. So is it the atmosphere, tension, gore, imagining yourself in the persons’ shoes?

Out of the list its' a toss up between the Shining and evil dead.. I went the Shining..

My fav of all time is either the beyond fulci or suspira argento.. no one makes horror like the Italians,..

Out of the list its' a toss up between the Shining and evil dead.. I went the Shining..

My fav of all time is either the beyond fulci or suspira argento.. no one makes horror like the Italians,..

Suspiria is a great flick dude. Of this list it has to be Halloween

Martyrs is a great movie. And one of the all-time fuck you up movies, along with Irreversible. The French know how to cinematically scar.

I had The Exorcist ruined for me when I was a teenager, by Jay Leno. I had never seen it, and I never watched his shitty show, but I was somewhere where it was on one night, and he did one of his stupid monologue jokes, and then the punchline was they cut to the clip of the girl walking down the stairs backwards & upside down like a spider, which I guess was supposed to be one of the big reveals and a shocking moments in the movie. So when I finally watched it, the punch was kinda taken out of the movie for me. One more reason to hate that awful hack.
Martyrs was one hell of a movie. Like High Tension and Irreversible, some French movies are just too intense.

TS, I loved It Follows. It’s a great film about being a teenager and, well, being haunted by a demon. Check out the soundtrack, too.

Curious how yall rate horror movies. I know all of you are over 10yo so I’m sure no movie actually ‘scares’ you. So is it the atmosphere, tension, gore, imagining yourself in the persons’ shoes?

I figure if I'm going to watch it, then it's best to just enjoy it for what it is and let yourself get scared instead of sitting there calling when the jump scene is going to come out or complaining that it's not realistic.

I watched The Grudge in theaters and the whole place was jumping out of their seats and on edge the entire time. Was a cool experience.

Also the Texas Chainsaw remake with Jessica Biel. I remember everyone walking out of the theater with smiles on their faces because it was so good. Weird thing is that the movie isn't even that good when you watch it at home but something about the theater experience made it 10x better at the time.

Chose other.
For me the scariest movie is paranormal activity

I figure if I'm going to watch it, then it's best to just enjoy it for what it is and let yourself get scared instead of sitting there calling when the jump scene is going to come out or complaining that it's not realistic.

I watched The Grudge in theaters and the whole place was jumping out of their seats and on edge the entire time. Was a cool experience.

Also the Texas Chainsaw remake with Jessica Biel. I remember everyone walking out of the theater with smiles on their faces because it was so good. Weird thing is that the movie isn't even that good when you watch it at home but something about the theater experience made it 10x better at the time.
I don’t mean jump scares. I mean, come on, it’s a movie; jump scares are basically reactionary. Like when I was about 8 or so we had these Wizard of Oz records. The witch in those would scare the shit outta me.

I’m just curious at what adults think of horror flicks. I love really high tension movies. I think ‘Signs’ is a great horror flick. The whole water hurts me thing might be lame, but the build up to that is epic.

Event Horizon
Hellraiser
Hellraiser 2
The Shining
The Ring
The Conjuring
Sinister
Christine
Children of the Corn
The Exorcist
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
The Mothman Prophecies
Tales From the Crypt/Vault of Horror
Creepshow 1 & 2

Just a few favorites off the top of my head.

Edit: Almost forgot Devil

Last edited:
I don’t mean jump scares. I mean, come on, it’s a movie; jump scares are basically reactionary. Like when I was about 8 or so we had these Wizard of Oz records. The witch in those would scare the shit outta me.

I’m just curious at what adults think of horror flicks. I love really high tension movies. I think ‘Signs’ is a great horror flick. The whole water hurts me thing might be lame, but the build up to that is epic.

It just depends on whether you want to engulf yourself in the movie and put yourself in the actors shoes or if you just want to sit back and laugh at how silly it all is.

A lot of people on here recommended the Netflix movie The Autopsy of Jane Doe. I watched it and the scary scenes aren't really anything different than the same shit you've seen a million times but there was a really cool historical aspect to it that tied it all together that I thought was really cool. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy that aspect of the movie if I was just sitting back laughing at how goofy and unrealistic it was. I figure if you're going to spend the time watching the movie, you might as well do all you can do enjoy it. Which means letting your guard down and getting "scared" even if there's nothing to be afraid of.

Back