Best kickboxers in 2017

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Another year coming to an end so i got some questions for ya'll

1. Which kickboxer has had the best record/accomplishments in 2017?

2. Best fight of 2017?

3. Top new prospects in 2017?

4. What fights do you want to see next year?

5. Any other kickboxing in 2017 related stuff

Best accomplishments is hard to say.
Best fight Duut vs Ilunga 2(that was this year right?).
Top new prospect, maybe Nabiyev? Then there are well established guys who burst onto the scene like Singdam and Ezbiri.
Wishlist for next year: Kaew vs QJL, Ezbiri vs RvR(after he presumably beats up KvN), Buakaw vs Salameer, Wei Rui vs Koya, Kubo vs Melsik, Bon vs Grigo, Bulaid vs Zhao.

I don't know about Duut vs. Illunga. Super entertaining scrap but to call it fight of the year isn't doing kickboxing any favors.

Might as well call Mohan Dragon prospect of the year, if we're going by that criteria.:confused:

I think Endy Semeleer is one of the best new prospects. He is 50-1 right now and just won the Enfusion final 8 with wins over Colado, Khamal and Superbon.
He has a very onorthodox style imo (not my favourite style tbh) which is hard to deal with for a lot of fighters. I was in the corner of his opponent several months ago and it is pretty impressive to see how he can neutralize his opponents and keeps scoring. Next to that he is only 21 years of age.

1. Which kickboxer has had the best record/accomplishments in 2017?
Hard question to answer. Trying not to say sittichai so no one calls me biased again but with wins against Enriko, Dzhabar and Salvador he's up there.

If you dont include robberies then Petpanomrung with wins against Roosmalen, Adamchuk, Wei Rui and Zakaria.

Endy Semeleer impressed me after clearly beating superbon and winning the tournament. He also finished Jordan watson but not sure who else he's fought.

Chingiz has beaten Manoef, Dzhabar and Saiyok

Petpanomrung is probably the best answer yet on paper some of those fights were losses so...[

2. Best fight of 2017?
Not sure. So many fights. Have to get back to you

3. Top new prospects in 2017?

Petpanomrung, Endy Semeleer, Mohamed. I like Christian Baya but is he a prospect?

4. What fights do you want to see next year?

I wanna see Petrosyan recover and fight someone good. I just wanna see where he's at right now. A fight against Chingiz, sittichai, superbon or marat. Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing him against Petpanomrung.

Wei Rui had a good year, he's been solid for a while but he only really proved it on the international scene this year. Petpanomrung should have had a great year but he got robbed twice and illegally kicked in the head in a muay thai fight.

Personally i think Petpanomrung had the best wins, although not on paper. In the same weight category Wei Rui and Ilias Bulaid had a good year too. Kaew wasn't as active as in past years but his only loss against Masaaki Noiri was controversial.

In 70 kg Marat Grigorian, Allazov and Sittichai all were undefeated. Superbon had good wins aswell but lost against Semeleer.

In 77 kg, Murthel Groenhart and Cedric Doumbe had the best wins.

85 kg, Alex Pereira i guess? Kyshenko probably still the best but he is having trouble getting good opponents to fight him.

I don't know alot of the heavier weight classes but Artem Vakhitov looks like he is very good.

Fight of the year: Ilias Bulaid vs Petchtanong was hell of a fight. There were probably better ones but that's the first one i can think of.

Fights i want to see in 2017:
Allazov vs Marat Grigorian
RvR vs Petpanomrung rematch
Baya vs Grigorian
Wei Rui vs Koya

Sittichai with most satisfying ko of the year against Yi Long.

Singmanee vs Maykol Yurk would have to be up there for foty, that was a war.

In 70 kg Marat Grigorian, Allazov and Sittichai all were undefeated. Superbon had good wins aswell but lost against Semeleer.

85 kg, Alex Pereira i guess? Kyshenko probably still the best but he is having trouble getting good opponents to fight him.
At 70kg we should see some good match ups. Grigorian and Bon will likely meet. After Grigorian is done with the tournament it's presumably back to Glory and Baya/Sitti upper tier fights. If he manages to win the tournament I also wonder if Kunlun has any claim on him as the champion. Either way Grigorian should have good stuff coming up.

Sitti back in Glory should be fun. Just too bad him and Allazov didn't get to meet in Wu Lin Feng :(

Allazov then continues to be a bit of a ?. Wish Glory or Kunlun signed him. Kunlun could most definitely use him in the tournament next year. They need to get at least one new top tier guy in to the field with no Yod. Could use a couple...

Speaking of Kyshenko seems his opponent changed again. Last Tatneft runner-up scheduled now.

the guys that stick out to me are roosmalen, embree and anvar boynazarov. granted I follow muay thai and kickboxing, but not half as close as alot of the guys on here. so im probably off and out of date as well.

the guys that stick out to me are roosmalen, embree and anvar boynazarov. granted I follow muay thai and kickboxing, but not half as close as alot of the guys on here. so im probably off and out of date as well.
None of them are even top 10 P4P imo

I think Endy Semeleer is one of the best new prospects. He is 50-1 right now and just won the Enfusion final 8 with wins over Colado, Khamal and Superbon.
He has a very onorthodox style imo (not my favourite style tbh) which is hard to deal with for a lot of fighters. I was in the corner of his opponent several months ago and it is pretty impressive to see how he can neutralize his opponents and keeps scoring. Next to that he is only 21 years of age.
beating Khamal Calado and Superbon at one night is incredible. Semeleer is the future

Surprised nobody mentioned Raymond Daniels who won the bellator kickboxing welterweight championship this year.

Surprised nobody mentioned Raymond Daniels who won the bellator kickboxing welterweight championship this year.

Bellator kickboxing and raymond daniels are irrelevant on kickboxing

Bellator kickboxing and raymond daniels are irrelevant on kickboxing

Bellator is bringing over a lot of guys from Glory now, so you're implying that Kevin Ross and Nieky Holzken are irrelevant in kickboxing??

Bellator is bringing over a lot of guys from Glory now, so you're implying that Kevin Ross and Nieky Holzken are irrelevant in kickboxing??
yes bellator and Kevin ross are irrelevant in kickboxing. for fucks sake ross has only had a handful of kb bouts and has already lost to some unknown Italian that even belator thought was so bad they would not let him fight for their championship belt

yes bellator and Kevin ross are irrelevant in kickboxing. for fucks sake ross has only had a handful of kb bouts and has already lost to some unknown Italian that even belator thought was so bad they would not let him fight for their championship belt

This is interesting. I guess most of my focus has just been on mma, but I've been wanting to dive into more kickboxing lately. What promotions should I watch to see the best guys?

This is interesting. I guess most of my focus has just been on mma, but I've been wanting to dive into more kickboxing lately. What promotions should I watch to see the best guys?
forget about bellator pal,bellator kb is trash

watch K-1,Glory,Kunlun

also Enfusion,Glory of Heroes,W5

Back