Best martial arts movies

BestOfTheBest1989.jpg

Sounds cool, I'm gonna watch that one tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

And thanks to everyone else too, I will probably go through several of your suggestions.

Bloodsport is dated but also entertaining and worth a watch.
I personally enjoy the Ip Man movies which is based on the true story of the man who taught Bruce Lee a large amount of his striking.
The first Ip Man movie is true but the second and third are mostly fictional. But they are all great in my opinion.

511KM4QC7ML._SY445_.jpg

Great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's on Netflix!

Even the "non-Asian" ones?
<mma4>

I have a deep love and fascination of Asia, along with a deep respect of Asian people. They're intelligent, polite and culturally interesting.

However, their movies suck. The acting is horrible, the dialogue is horrible, the stories are horrible and the fighting scenes are sooo stupid, no grappling or anything remotely realistic, they're just flying around and doing superhuman stuff...

I like any Michael Jai White straight to dvd martial errs flick. He correographs really fun fight scenes. Look up the scene he did with Matt Mullins in the movie “blood and bone”

Best sound track too for a martial arts film. Kumite, Kumite, Kumite!!! Isn't amazing Bolo was 50 years old and looked like he was in his late 20s or early 30s?
might wanna check your math on that one

I have a deep love and fascination of Asia, along with a deep respect of Asian people. They're intelligent, polite and culturally interesting.

However, their movies suck. The acting is horrible, the dialogue is horrible, the stories are horrible and the fighting scenes are sooo stupid, no grappling or anything remotely realistic, they're just flying around and doing superhuman stuff...
<mma4>

Recommend me some good martial arts movies. I don't care if it's a fictional movie or a movie based on a true story, it just has to be entertaining. Boxing, MMA, street fighting, even kungfu, whatever as long as the movie is actually good. Some examples of movies I like:

Creed, Rocky 1 & 6, Blood and Bone, Undisputed 2 and 3, Warrior, Southpaw, Ali, etc.

Please elaborate on your choices.

Sadly, most combat movies got terrible acting and boring stories, even the non-Asian ones. But there are a few gems among them.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3918584/

Warrior wasnt a great MMA movie tbh. I thought Haywire with Gina Carano had better use of MMA moves.

A movie I'm really looking forward to: A Prayer Before Dawn.
That looks like a good and serious fighting movie.

Bloodsport, rented the movie when I a was a child in the 80's. Was hooked immediately. Simulated the fights with my friends, my love for MMA was born! Still watch the movie sometimes.

Recommend me some good martial arts movies. I don't care if it's a fictional movie or a movie based on a true story, it just has to be entertaining. Boxing, MMA, street fighting, even kungfu, whatever as long as the movie is actually good. Some examples of movies I like:

Creed, Rocky 1 & 6, Blood and Bone, Undisputed 2 and 3, Warrior, Southpaw, Ali, etc.

Please elaborate on your choices.

Sadly, most combat movies got terrible acting and boring stories, even the non-Asian ones. But there are a few gems among them.

Sorry, but rocky and creed is a boxing movie, not a martial arts movie...I do not believe boxing is a martial arts.

Sorry, but rocky and creed is a boxing movie, not a martial arts movie...I do not believe boxing is a martial arts.

If boxing isn't a martial art, then how is taekwondo a martial art? Then how is BJJ a martial art?

There may be rules, but it's a developed full contact system, far more effective for combat than most Asian styles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back