Best mma RNC

BJ Penn on Kenny Florian.

Gets back control, heel strikes to distract then like a cobra sunk the choke in.

GSP against Bisping did it Braulio Estima style, you first go with the second hand behind the opponent neck and then you lock your arms.
I have seen another video where Braulio said that's the way he did when he was training mma, because gloves can make the choke difficult.

Details at minute 4 in this video.

This is the most unstoppable RNC possible, because you don't give anything to the opponent to defend.

GSP against Bisping did it Braulio Estima style, you first go with the second hand behind the opponent neck and then you lock your arms.
I have seen another video where Braulio said that's the way he did when he was training mma, because gloves can make the choke difficult.

Details at minute 4 in this video.

This is the most unstoppable RNC possible, because you don't give anything to the opponent to defend.

Demian Maia has been finishing it like this also. Gordon Ryan and Felipe Pena too. Great finish.

Renan Barao choking out Brad Pickett was friggin unreal. More so for the back take then the actual choke though.

This is awesome. Genki Sudo had a bonkers one also.

2:58

Last edited:
70319d1ece2c9f5fa5950039062a6bcd.gif

I love the way Kevin Lee choked Chiesa, even if Mario did stop it early.

Squeezed the shit out of him with the body triangle, pulled his torso back, snuck a few illegal elbows in there....and then slid the arm underneath the chin.

This is awesome. Genki Sudo had a bonkers one also.

2:58

Love it. Someone posted something on here not long ago of Genki at the Beverly Hills BJJ Club back in the day. It might have been a tournament format. His grappling was so frigging slick it was awesome. His wrestling, his transitions, his finishing ability was all top notch. Ive actually heard he wrestled in the California JUCO system for a swhort time but Ive not been able to confirm.

Love it. Someone posted something on here not long ago of Genki at the Beverly Hills BJJ Club back in the day. It might have been a tournament format. His grappling was so frigging slick it was awesome. His wrestling, his transitions, his finishing ability was all top notch. Ive actually heard he wrestled in the California JUCO system for a swhort time but Ive not been able to confirm.
He did wrestle there yeah. So he was in college at UCLA I believe and wrestled. At the time of that infamous Westside tournament highlight in 2001 people there saw him warming up with some kung fu moves and stuff and I think everyone thought he was a joke and was going to get smoked. Obviously they were wrong. Sudo was the fucking man. He was on the cutting edge. Even for now days I think some of the stuff he's doing is ahead of the curve.

I love the way Kevin Lee choked Chiesa, even if Mario did stop it early.

Squeezed the shit out of him with the body triangle, pulled his torso back, snuck a few illegal elbows in there....and then slid the arm underneath the chin.
Yeah I think that would have gotten the finish no matter what. BJ Penn's RNCs over Jens Pulver and Gomi were perfect too.

Like @Ice 9 Cobra said the Roger Gracie RNC over Randleman is maybe the classic RNC I think of in MMA.

Demian Maia had a few really good ones in 2015/2016. They may have not looked textbook but he mastered the art of squeezing through the chin/jaw for the strangle anyways.

He did wrestle there yeah. So he was in college at UCLA I believe and wrestled. At the time of that infamous Westside tournament highlight in 2001 people there saw him warming up with some kung fu moves and stuff and I think everyone thought he was a joke and was going to get smoked. Obviously they were wrong. Sudo was the fucking man. He was on the cutting edge. Even for now days I think some of the stuff he's doing is ahead of the curve.
Wait so he wrestled for a Cali Junior College or for UCLA? I doubt it was UCLA bc I believe at that time UCLA still had a Division I wrestling Program.

Wait so he wrestled for a Cali Junior College or for UCLA? I doubt it was UCLA bc I believe at that time UCLA still had a Division I wrestling Program.
I'm not sure but I do know he graduated with a BA in anthropology from UCLA.

roger-gracie-x-Kevin-Randleman.jpg

If at that moment Randleman managed to escape he would be in consideration for BJJ GOAT just for that.

Back