Best mmartist of all time who had terrible boxing?

The man who was afraid to fight Sakuraba ...

rickson-gracie-e1405483173214.jpg

In terms on paper? Obviously Ronda. She managed to slide by at championship level with terrible boxing for a grand total of 6 title defenses. I honestly don't believe any champion in modern times would be able to get away with this for this long. No striking setups at all. She would bull rush her opponents like she was getting a free happy meal.

Maia has terrible striking and it eventually caught up to him in the Woodley fight.

Yeah, great win there for sure. Hyperbole at its finest. I do agree that Shields is top 5, but cmon now.
You don't think Dave Menne was a hell of a good fighter at his best? Granted his prime was years before and he had begun to decline by the time he fought Shields but he was still fighting at a high level up until right around that time.

Funky Ben trains at Roufusport, yet his standup leaves much to be desired.

It was still effective enough to outstrike pretty much everyone he fought except Serra (first fight) and maybe Hendricks. He even got the best of prime BJ and Nick Diaz on the feet. So I wouldn't call GSP's boxing bad at all by MMA standards...he just doesn't have any KO power.

Best of prime bj on the feet? Did you watch their first fight? And in the rematch he took him down, wanted no part of him on the feet.

Back