best mount game

Look I'm not denying you probably are a decent wrestler but being D1 does not mean much. You are expecting to wrestle the guy you saw in the video where as you would be wrestling an in shape high level guy with very good wrestling and who is quite bigger than you. Don't even try and say size does not matter it most certainly does in wrestling versus BJJ and boxing. If you are an NCAA D1 champ and the guy you are wrestling is a skill level under you but is significantly good at wrestling himself with 40-50lbs on you then your gonna have issues....

I agree with you ireland BJJ is poor which is why i moved to NYC 2 years ago and have been training here since. I'm a 4 stripe purple and have trained under some of the top guys in NEW york city..and have pretty damn good boxing and i mean u are concussed from wrestling it seems so stepping into our world won't be good for u....BUT i don't deny u know more wrestling than me and would out wrestle me probably..despite me being good size bigger... but this is about you dissing a man who has stepped into the cage 7 times and laughing at him cause he clearly took a fight way out of shape and 20% of himself at 3x weightclass and still dominated most of it...and who is a very good wrestler himself...tbh he beats u in boxing...bjj...and wrestling 1v1..i seen him wrestle an olympic guy before who was 160s and he bitched about Flickers size lol.

In the end you tried to act big and better than someone cause u seem to have a chip on your shoulder. I saw in another post u said u work 3 jobs and teach HS kids...if you were half the wrestler u claimed to be u could def be in teaching college level or hs full time and not need to work in starbucks wendys and mcdonalds to add the rent money.

he wasnt in olympics he went to qualify in vegas and lost in semis i think

Look I'm not denying you probably are a decent wrestler but being D1 does not mean much. You are expecting to wrestle the guy you saw in the video where as you would be wrestling an in shape high level guy with very good wrestling and who is quite bigger than you. Don't even try and say size does not matter it most certainly does in wrestling versus BJJ and boxing. If you are an NCAA D1 champ and the guy you are wrestling is a skill level under you but is significantly good at wrestling himself with 40-50lbs on you then your gonna have issues....

I agree with you ireland BJJ is poor which is why i moved to NYC 2 years ago and have been training here since. I'm a 4 stripe purple and have trained under some of the top guys in NEW york city..and have pretty damn good boxing and i mean u are concussed from wrestling it seems so stepping into our world won't be good for u....BUT i don't deny u know more wrestling than me and would out wrestle me probably..despite me being good size bigger... but this is about you dissing a man who has stepped into the cage 7 times and laughing at him cause he clearly took a fight way out of shape and 20% of himself at 3x weightclass and still dominated most of it...and who is a very good wrestler himself...tbh he beats u in boxing...bjj...and wrestling 1v1..i seen him wrestle an olympic guy before who was 160s and he bitched about Flickers size lol.

In the end you tried to act big and better than someone cause u seem to have a chip on your shoulder. I saw in another post u said u work 3 jobs and teach HS kids...if you were half the wrestler u claimed to be u could def be in teaching college level or hs full time and not need to work in starbucks wendys and mcdonalds to add the rent money.
Lol I have been offered college coaching jobs. I want to work with kids and try and help them. And it’s hard to get history teaching positions right out of college. As far as coaching.. I literally have over a dozen high schools either desperately trying to get me a teaching job or literally straight up begging me to consider subbing at their school so I can coach there. Including some extremely well known coaches and good programs, Not just “help out” but either completely run practice and technique, and be the head assistant and next in line, or run the middle school and development program. So that little diss is flat out false. Nice try though

My mistake, and it was one. A straight up error on my part, was picking being a history teacher over spec ed or science, and trying to get a teaching job in a not really growing area. Not a lack of qualifications or inability to get a coaching job. The working 3 jobs thing was over 2 years ago, right out of college and dealing with personal shit. And even then, getting a good coaching position was not an issue. We can safely say I’m “half the wrestler I claim to be”

If me choosing to want to work in middle or high schools and try to help kids over coaching in college is an issue, or the fact I chose to focus on helping kids before going to the best possible place to coach and only caring about winning.. or that I care more about the teaching job than coaching,is why I’m supposedly not qualified... Reflects on you not me

An “Olympic guy” an Irish Olympic wrestler then? Asking genuinely no sarcasm. And if you can’t see why his old posts elicited my reactions then you’re flat out being a white knight. And I’ve met a couple people who’ve trained with flickerstance btw.. but it’s honestly amusing how you’ve reacted.

Sorry you don’t like my voice. And sorry it annoys your giant Irish heart I could out wrestle you

lol this is why after brown i left the bjj community it became sjw cuck central

What kind of black belt talks like this? Maybe I don't know enough of them, but none of them I've been around act like they're 12 years old

What kind of black belt talks like this? Maybe I don't know enough of them, but none of them I've been around act like they're 12 years old
i guess you dont then u obviously cant read very well when people on the internet come in attack someone for no reason then they defend themselves but that makes me the 12 year old lol

I had no idea tekkenfan was flickerstance. So much chiller.
That rizin thing is complete bs though, right?

Isn’t your coach a pure bjj guy? Was it Relson?

I had no idea tekkenfan was flickerstance. So much chiller.
That rizin thing is complete bs though, right?

Isn’t your coach a pure bjj guy? Was it Relson?

my jiu jitsu coach yes
no he has connections with rizin i had things happen and couldnt commit rickson is reason mma got big in japan thats why kron fights there now where i live amt i cant have any good training besides jiu jitsu so until i move back to florida fightings out of question

tbh i wish he would throw his own shows again he did gracie proving grounds it had ben rothwell and a few ex ufc fighters demian maia before he got to ufc jacare matt brown dustin hazzlet fought his son in main event god that was the most stacked bjj mma card ever

the rules really favored grapplers for his promotions no stands up ever u can grab the glove and i think pants as well and a few others after this fight i think is when maia went to ufc

Last edited:
I agree with you ireland BJJ is poor which is why i moved to NYC 2 years ago and have been training here since. I'm a 4 stripe purple and have trained under some of the top guys in NEW york city.
Curious to know where you trained in Ireland, given the standard of bjj here is apparently shite?

Curious to know where you trained in Ireland, given the standard of bjj here is apparently shite?

well he isnt the one who first said it he was agreeing with the other guy but u cant deny that bjj in ireland is no where near what it is in the states brazil canada poland

The guy i responded to said it was i was just agreeing that it is not the best as i lived there for 26 years and trained in a few different areas. Trained in Dublin and Waterford. I sense you feel insulted and offended that i agreed the level there is low. Well it is just a fact. In the entire country you would have to go to Just a few select places in Dublin to get the best of the BJJ there. Most other places around the country have blue-purple belts teaching as the lead and they get promoted from the main places at Dublin which in themselves are not super high level....

I'm not saying the BJJ is bad there it is decent for what it is and is still growing. The BJJ and MMA scene in Ireland is quite new and only exploded when Conor became famous to the casuals.....but i've trained at the main academies in New York City like Marcelo, Renzo Gracie and Unity in Manhattan...so in comparison Ireland is very poor. A legit Blue under Marcelo would tear some of the purples teaching there to shreds...There is a reason Conor Mcgregor with all his millions trains with Dillon Danis a black belt under Marcelo and visits Unity because the BJJ is 10x higher level here. Same with Wrestling..there is a reason Conor has poor wrestling because it does not exist much in the country.

It is what it is and if you want to dispute it drop over to NYC and come to the classes at any one of those Gyms

The guy i responded to said it was i was just agreeing that it is not the best as i lived there for 26 years and trained in a few different areas. Trained in Dublin and Waterford. I sense you feel insulted and offended that i agreed the level there is low. Well it is just a fact. In the entire country you would have to go to Just a few select places in Dublin to get the best of the BJJ there. Most other places around the country have blue-purple belts teaching as the lead and they get promoted from the main places at Dublin which in themselves are not super high level....

I'm not saying the BJJ is bad there it is decent for what it is and is still growing. The BJJ and MMA scene in Ireland is quite new and only exploded when Conor became famous to the casuals.....but i've trained at the main academies in New York City like Marcelo, Renzo Gracie and Unity in Manhattan...so in comparison Ireland is very poor. A legit Blue under Marcelo would tear some of the purples teaching there to shreds...There is a reason Conor Mcgregor with all his millions trains with Dillon Danis a black belt under Marcelo and visits Unity because the BJJ is 10x higher level here. Same with Wrestling..there is a reason Conor has poor wrestling because it does not exist much in the country.

It is what it is and if you want to dispute it drop over to NYC and come to the classes at any one of those Gyms
our other discussion aside, Conor does not have good wrestling because he chooses not to. He both has the money, name, and time to go to, or bring in the people who could train him to get it better. And has had years to do so. He’s also an “athlete” so that excuse is a no go. My honest opinion of Conor is that he doesn’t do that because he’s a bully when he fights and trains, which isn’t a bad thing in the context of fighting; at all. It’s simply the type of fighter he is

but Conor doesn’t strike me as the type dealing with getting rag dolled and physically controlled and not being the one doing the bullying he’s have to deal with to actually get good at wrestling. GSP and Maia were willing to, deal with that and their performances reflected it.

well he isnt the one who first said it he was agreeing with the other guy but u cant deny that bjj in ireland is no where near what it is in the states brazil canada poland
You're talking about a much smaller country than any of those though with a tiny population and a fraction of the people doing BJJ you'd see in those countries. There are plenty of good gyms and plenty of competitors doing well at a variety of levels, the sport has grown massively here in the last 10 years maybe you haven't been here too recently?

Wrestling obviously isn't something there is a tradition of here as you clearly seem aware. Its unfortunate but plenty of clubs take advantage of the opportunity to get coaching from guys from our large Eastern European population who've wrestled to try to improve.

I'm not insulted, you just sound like you don't actually know all that much about the current state of BJJ in Ireland which is puzzling me given how dismissive your are of it. How long is it since you trained here or maybe you didn't have much chance to travel or train beyond your own clubs back then?

There are a large amount of Brazilian black belts here compared to several years ago, a massive amount of Irish ones compared to 10+ years ago and very few established clubs would not have one or more Black Belt coaches in recent years. Huge amount of those Irish guys travel regularly to places like Marcelo's, Renzo's or other top American gyms too and have for years.

Outside Dublin there are good gyms in Cork, Kerry, Galway, Limerick, Donegal and other places all run by well known Black Belt coaches with decent competition records. There are also the likes of Team Torres, Gracie Barra, Next Generation and SBG up North if you want to include those too.

Yes I've been to Marcelo's and other gyms in the States, on the whole the standard of Blue Belts isn't hugely different anywhere unless you're talking about the kids arguably sandbagging at the highest level. I'm a brown belt and my lineage is under Relson like Tekenfan if you're wondering.

I'm not insulted, you just sound like you don't actually know all that much about the current state of BJJ in Ireland which is puzzling me given how dismissive your are of it. How long is it since you trained here or maybe you didn't have much chance to travel or train beyond your own clubs back then?

There are a large amount of Brazilian black belts here compared to several years ago, a massive amount of Irish ones compared to 10+ years ago and very few established clubs would not have one or more Black Belt coaches in recent years. Huge amount of those Irish guys travel regularly to places like Marcelo's, Renzo's or other top American gyms too and have for years.

Outside Dublin there are good gyms in Cork, Kerry, Galway, Limerick, Donegal and other places all run by well known Black Belt coaches with decent competition records. There are also the likes of Team Torres, Gracie Barra, Next Generation and SBG up North if you want to include those too.

Yes I've been to Marcelo's and other gyms in the States, on the whole the standard of Blue Belts isn't hugely different anywhere unless you're talking about the kids arguably sandbagging at the highest level. I'm a brown belt and my lineage is under Relson like Tekenfan if you're wondering.
My main point when I originally said it was mainly concerning population and the fact that while it’s improving, someone coming into a local gym and beating everyone isn’t something that’s worthy of using as a bragging point. I’ve gone into small gyms and done very well, but I don’t consider it something to brag about for a host of reasons. And while I absolutely have no doubt the overall level has increased. How much is that actually spread out? And how much is concentrated at a few gyms? And how much is that increased depth outside places like Dublin or Cork

Edit: asking about depth not if there’s a few good instructors spread out

You're talking about a much smaller country than any of those though with a tiny population and a fraction of the people doing BJJ you'd see in those countries. There are plenty of good gyms and plenty of competitors doing well at a variety of levels, the sport has grown massively here in the last 10 years maybe you haven't been here too recently?

Wrestling obviously isn't something there is a tradition of here as you clearly seem aware. Its unfortunate but plenty of clubs take advantage of the opportunity to get coaching from guys from our large Eastern European population who've wrestled to try to improve.

its not usas fault ireland is tiny i use to teach there in ireland years back i know the scenes grown since then but its still very small vs other places but thats to be expected not many brazilians there to teach or irish moving to usa like daio to learn the art and bring it back

our other discussion aside, Conor does not have good wrestling because he chooses not to. He both has the money, name, and time to go to, or bring in the people who could train him to get it better. And has had years to do so. He’s also an “athlete” so that excuse is a no go. My honest opinion of Conor is that he doesn’t do that because he’s a bully when he fights and trains, which isn’t a bad thing in the context of fighting; at all. It’s simply the type of fighter he is

but Conor doesn’t strike me as the type dealing with getting rag dolled and physically controlled and not being the one doing the bullying he’s have to deal with to actually get good at wrestling. GSP and Maia were willing to, deal with that and their performances reflected it.

i know alot of his training partners and let me tell you theres a reason he isnt fighting right no cause he really knows whats going to happen when he has to fight any of the light weight contenders thats why he keeps trying to do boxing instead of mma

you keep saying the last 10 years but id say it got big around 2014 i was there n early 2012 for few months and at that time the 2 highest level guys were 2 brown belts darrel o connor who was under saulo and chris bowe who was a student under braulio from england and at that time they had 1 or 2 blacks in the whole country

i was surprised at the amount of mma clubs and tournaments they had for amateurs thats something we dont really do in the states which i think hurts the scene but i think that since so many bjj clubs are opening in Ireland wont help the mam scene i think it will hurt it since today bjj isnt what it use to be 8 years ago i know alot of gyms in usa who were pure mma gyms then when they got a bjj program to help the fighters they all quit and went into bjj cause it was alot easier on the body and bjj culture today isnt for mma like it use to be

people will get all mad when i say this but its the truth it cant even be denied today

Last edited:

wtf your a relson guy in ireland? thats strange i didnt even know relson had any affiliates in europe

My main point when I originally said it was mainly concerning population and the fact that while it’s improving, someone coming into a local gym and beating everyone isn’t something that’s worthy of using as a bragging point. I’ve gone into small gyms and done very well, but I don’t consider it something to brag about for a host of reasons. And while I absolutely have no doubt the overall level has increased. How much is that actually spread out? And how much is concentrated at a few gyms? And how much is that increased depth outside places like Dublin or Cork

Edit: asking about depth not if there’s a few good instructors spread out
That point kind of applies everywhere outside all but the top bjj gyms in the world though :)

In terms of depth it may be a little hard to understand if you're not familiar with how small Ireland is but even Dublin to Cork is about a 2-3 hours drive. Anyone from any city can go visit another gym around the country relatively easily compared to how spread out things would be even in a single state over there. Dublin would still have the largest concentration of clubs but i'd guess more of the growth in the number of gyms the last 10 years has been in other parts of the country through a mix of home grown and foreign coaches.

Back