best mount game

It was one of my favourite gi takedowns for a few years but i've always been rubbish at them nogi for some reason is all :-(

I'd wager you'd have more success with it from an underhook.

Last edited:
I'd wager you'd have more success with it from an underhook.
Won't be back on the mats for a few days but i'll happily give it a shot! Any particular logic that makes you think the underhook would be better?

Won't be back on the mats for a few days but i'll happily give it a shot! Any particular logic that makes you think the underhook would be better?

You'll have more control over your opponent, taking away several of his 'easiest' offensive options (in most cases, if he would want to shoot on you he'll have to clear it first), gives you a clearer 'path' to reach down to hit the knee or ankle, and lets you drive through to finish.

You'll have more control over your opponent, taking away several of his 'easiest' offensive options (in most cases, if he would want to shoot on you he'll have to clear it first), gives you a clearer 'path' to reach down to hit the knee or ankle, and lets you drive through to finish.
Cheers, i'm actually fond of the knee tap off the underhook so i could see how just being lower would open up the ankle. I'll give it a try :)

Back