Best Mouthguard Brand 2018

I too am looking at getting a new mouthguard.

Currently using Shock Doctor Gel Max which is OK, but hoping for something a little more compact.

Considering going with a GameDay Extreme mouthguard that are custom moulded via post in Australia.
https://gamedaymouthguards.com.au/c...s/products/gameday-xtreme?variant=30363271497

Not real cheap, and may be approaching the cost of a dentist made custom mouthgouard?

Read this about Sisu during my search, which makes me doubt they are ideal for boxing/Muay Thai etc :-
Anybody get hit while wearing these during boxing?Do they absorb impact well?
Answer:
I have. They do not work well for boxing. There are two major issues. First is that they don't absorb impact very well, not much to bite down on and second is all the holes in them cut up the insides of my lips. Even a jab from a 120-130 lbs were causing cuts. I've tried a few other mouthguards since (only one I remember is the Venum one) and can say with the utmost confidence to get a custom fit one (impact/gladiator). They make a world of difference. They stay in and its so much easier to breathe. Yes, it does cost a bit more but I feel it's the single piece of equipment that has the biggest effect on performance.

I've been looking at Gameday seeing as I'm also in Australia but honestly I'm not sold on their performance yet.

SISU all day if you're light sparring or doing jiu jitsu live rolling. Seriously. I can't support SISU enough. If you're doing heavier sparring I would check out something a bit heavier like shock doctor, they offer some good alternatives. Also.. I would check out getting it professionally molded to your teeth if this is something you take seriously.

this article: https://themmaguru.com/the-best-mouthguards-for-mma/ compares all of the best boil and bite mouthguards and gives you the differences of each.

SISU all day if you're light sparring or doing jiu jitsu live rolling. Seriously. I can't support SISU enough. If you're doing heavier sparring I would check out something a bit heavier like shock doctor, they offer some good alternatives. Also.. I would check out getting it professionally molded to your teeth if this is something you take seriously.

this article: https://themmaguru.com/the-best-mouthguards-for-mma/ compares all of the best boil and bite mouthguards and gives you the differences of each.

Next time, please just advertise your website (aka mmaguru) in one thread instead of doing it is several. People have been burned on this forum for similar things. Only trying to help

BTW welcome to Sherdog

Does anyone know of a european company for custom mold mouthpieces? US or AU is a little bit too expensive regarding shipping.

I don't thinks spending a day or two with a piece of equipment is enough time to adequately form an opinion of it.

The pinnacle of this kind of reviewing really was Expertboxings review of Sabas gloves. He did not even own a pair originally but wrote a review about them. The internet sometimes :rolleyes:

this article: https://mmasentinel.com/best-mouth-guards/ compares all of the best boil and bite mouthguards and gives you the differences of each.

I'm pretty new and looking to getting something that will actually keep me from losing all my teeth. Is this an ok list to go off of?

I'm pretty new and looking to getting something that will actually keep me from losing all my teeth. Is this an ok list to go off of?

You bumped a thread from 2018 brah. People may not answer. Just so you know that "necro bumping" a dead thread is frowned upon. Not getting on your case or flexing at you. On the contrary; I am just trying to help and I hope you enjoy your time at Sherdog Forums.

Wish I could help answer your question but I have no idea.

You bumped a thread from 2018 brah. People may not answer. Just so you know that "necro bumping" a dead thread is frowned upon. Not getting on your case or flexing at you. On the contrary; I am just trying to help and I hope you enjoy your time at Sherdog Forums.

Wish I could help answer your question but I have no idea.

Ahh ok, thanks man. I didn't even notice how old the thread was - found on Google. I'll keep an eye out next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back