Best muay thai gloves

Mbdiablo

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
So many list on the internet
what is your best 10 boxing gloves for muay thai and kick boxing?

As far as "made in Thailand" gloves I've owned Windy, Twins, Fairtex, and Boon. Out of those Boon was my favorite.

I mainly use boxing gloves for Muay Thai training currently, and my favorite brand I've used is Winning.

Are you looking to buy a pair of Muay thai gloves?

By far Winning is the best. I can only speak for the ones I've used

Fairtex training glove is second for me, best wrist protection. Hyabusa Tokushus are decent and so are Title and Venum gloves.

Twins for now have been the best for me, I haven't used top King yet, and tend to be very cheap on gear. But bought a pair of twins after my 2nd fight. It was the first time using twins and I decided to go with it since I really like the feel, comfort, and it being lightweight.

1. Fairtex
2. Boon
3. Twins
4. Top King

So many list on the internet
what is your best 10 boxing gloves for muay thai and kick boxing?

I like to use western style fight gloves for Thai pads.

s-l225.jpg

16789865_100939853767047_2017514600433451008_n.jpg

Traditional style bag gloves for bag work.
ETBG_1.jpg

And Winning but usually the original Triumph United Japanese Heatseekers ( lace up ) as the wrist padding is even better than Winning.

$_1.JPG

2dsj05h.jpg

<{1-8}> .

İ'm r curious about winning,reyes others boxing gloves are durable for dutch style drills because so many kick throw to gloves use like thai pad ? i have a fairtex 12 oz bgv1 breathable,16 oz bgv5,twins 14(5 years old) oz,hayabusa ikusa 16 oz
my favorite one is hayabusa ikusa but it is not real leather so i want to buy new one im thinking buy reyes but im not sure

İ'm r curious about winning,reyes others boxing gloves are durable for dutch style drills because so many kick throw to gloves use like thai pad ?
Not sure what your question is, are you asking how boxing gloves would do in drills blocking kicks?
Also Cleto Reyes gloves are a punchers style glove (even their training gloves). They have less padding on the knuckle area. The weight and padding is more evenly spread out. They have nice wrist support though. You can feel your knuckles through the padding when you have them on. This naturally translates to more punching power, but with less hand protection.

Not sure what your question is, are you asking how boxing gloves would do in drills blocking kicks?
Also Cleto Reyes gloves are a punchers style glove (even their training gloves). They have less padding on the knuckle area. The weight and padding is more evenly spread out. They have nice wrist support though. You can feel your knuckles through the padding when you have them on. This naturally translates to more punching power, but with less hand protection.

I like what you said but just want to add one small caveat, the safetecs have very poor wrist support, like practically none, so if your technique isn’t clean then it can be really easy to tweak your wrist off a poorly thrown punch. I learned this the hard way haha

I like what you said but just want to add one small caveat, the safetecs have very poor wrist support, like practically none, so if your technique isn’t clean then it can be really easy to tweak your wrist off a poorly thrown punch. I learned this the hard way haha
Haha I was actually referring to the hook and loop model, haven't tried the safetecs myself.

Yes im asking how boxing gloves would do in drills blocking kicks? and absorbe kicks?

Yes im asking how boxing gloves would do in drills blocking kicks? and absorbe kicks?
Wouldn't be able to tell you man, I just box, never blocked a high kick before.

I think you would be fine @Mbdiablo - I use western style gloves for MT all the time (Winning for sparring) and have no issues or pain blocking kicks with the gloves when they come up high.

Back