Best Muay Thai Gym in SoCal

who are the coaches there? does Joe schilling coach? do you train with joe or with the coaches? I also heard of a coach names yoshi i believe, is he part of the yard or does he just use the facility? i was interested in checking them out maybe. specifically to work with this yoshi guy
I havent trained there long enough to have met all the trainers there. Mostly ive seen Mark Kumuro (whos really cool) and Jose. After you warm up and jump rope you can either hit the bags or do some sparring with some of the guys there to help them out while Mark goes around to hit pads with. All really cool guys, and great atmosphere...all revolving around your time which is what i love most.

I follow Seauo Dao and CSA on IG. They regularly put up videos of training etc.

CSA gym is fucking HUGE. It also features trainers from around hte world, and puts on seminars constantly. It also has a pretty good stable of fighters, male and female, in MMA and Muay Thai / Kickboxing. Also has a Crossfit games presence, if that kind of stuff matters to you.
How can anyone live in Dublin, CA? Yes I'm poor. Been wanting to go up for some training, but man the cost of living is just ridiculous.

How can anyone live in Dublin, CA? Yes I'm poor. Been wanting to go up for some training, but man the cost of living is just ridiculous.
Ya Dublin is full of tech money, you're better off living somewhere else in the Bay Area and drive there. I'm 60 miles away which is doable for a seminar but not regular training obviously.

Contrary to an earlier post in here they give all the students good attention, unless you are looking for IG fame I guess.

I'd say they are the best in CA and arguably in the US overall, based on fighter success alone. The facilities are very nice and I haven't been their since the original gym and its way bigger and full of quality equipment since they've expanded.

Ya Dublin is full of tech money, you're better off living somewhere else in the Bay Area and drive there. I'm 60 miles away which is doable for a seminar but not regular training obviously.

Contrary to an earlier post in here they give all the students good attention, unless you are looking for IG fame I guess.

I'd say they are the best in CA and arguably in the US overall, based on fighter success alone. The facilities are very nice and I haven't been their since the original gym and its way bigger and full of quality equipment since they've expanded.
Yeah man you're a g I wouldn't be able to do that. Especially just thinking about getting stuck in traffic.

That really sucks, I'd love to train there, but it's not in my budget.

Happen to know what the best Muay Thai in socal is?

Im not sure where to post this so i appoligize for my ignorance.i just recently moved to san diego.im lookibg for muay thai gym that i can learn how to be a (great striker)/muay thai fighter.it seems all the gyms ive googled are geared toward fitness and i dont want to waste my time in a place like that. I have no experience in any martial arts but im ready and willing to do what id necesary to achieve my goals. Please poibt ne in the right direction if possible. Thank you.

In north county : Carlsbad Kicboxing Club
In the central San Diego : steel mma or alliance with Kru Alex Palma
South San Diego : Victory MMA , The Arena or Alliance in Chula Vista ( very mma / ufc focused)

If your new any of these will give you way more you can handle . Muay Thai takes time , drilling and sparring on an everyday basis . No shortcuts because developing the right techniques will take at least a year . If you have a specific question on those gyms maybe I can help

yeah I am located in the IE. I currently train out of millenia and evolution. thats pretty much it for the IE. Socal muay thai community is small, I am familiar with all the gyms you have mentioned. just wanted to see what others thought.
Have you tried Bryan Dobler's gym in Fontana too?

i think there is a place called academy of 8 limbs or something like that. I am not sure off the top of my head but my understanding is there are a few legit muay thai gyms down in san diego. maybe someone else can chime in
Art of 8 - Melchor Menor's gym.

I'm just getting back into the swing of training after letting life's other priorities take too much control over the past couple years, and happy after joining Team Oyama thus far.

Have you tried Bryan Dobler's gym in Fontana too?

yes a very long time ago, I cannot remember the exact pricing but I could not afford it at the time.

Its now being ran by Mike Lemaire I believe. I would love to go train there again but its a long drive for me.

I'm just getting back into the swing of training after letting life's other priorities take too much control over the past couple years, and happy after joining Team Oyama thus far.

Team Oyama is well known gym I have heard of but never been there. Its far for me as well.

Same shoes bro on priorities and training.

Coach Mel Menor left Art of 8 over a year ago . Now it’s ran by Mike Lamiere and James Gregory on Muay Thai . Coach Mel still trains individuals more in a one on one setting out of a location in Rancho Bernardo - I personally trained with him there for almost a year , he is exceptional if it’s a viable option for you

Coach Mel Menor left Art of 8 over a year ago . Now it’s ran by Mike Lamiere and James Gregory on Muay Thai . Coach Mel still trains individuals more in a one on one setting out of a location in Rancho Bernardo - I personally trained with him there for almost a year , he is exceptional if it’s a viable option for you

@wallysparx

this didnt show up in my first post.

Its now being ran by Mike Lemaire I believe. I would love to go train there again but its a long drive for me.

Team Oyama is well known gym I have heard of but never been there. Its far for me as well.

Same shoes bro on priorities and training.

House of Champions in Van Nuys has a great trainer: Peter Cunningham. While he is not the typical Muay Thai guy he knows how to beat Thais. A great trainer and excellent with mitts and pads.

Back