Best non-Asian martial arts movies

Code of Silence. Great movie and soundtrack.

Hands down Bloodsport.

Cheesefest: Only the Strong.

aca9e703fef0fcfcf133d462af4be051.jpg

Great choice! Totally forgot about this gem!

The fight scenes with Jackie Chan vs Benny Urquidez in Dragons Forever and Wheels on Meals are two of the best ever committed to film imo, I know you said no Asian films TS but I cant recommend them enough
This damn Dragons Forever movie.

I've seen every Jackie Chan film from 1978 to 2008 except for that and Fearless Hyena. Hyena never gets mentioned, but Dragons does all the time and it keeps reminding me I better get on that.

John Wick 1 and 2.
Outstanding martial arts choreography, great story, and guns.

giphy.gif

Undisputed 2-3-4, Transporter 1-2, JCVD and SS "classics" if you are into that, or for movies not strictly martial arts focused but with plenty of fighting there is the Bourne series (Matt Damon) / Taken series (Liam Neeson) / John Wick series (Keanu Reeves) and even films like Equalizer, Leon and other more "arthouse" ones.

Best pure martial arts movies IMO still remain the ones with Jackie Chan, Jet Li (the few with no wires) and some others ... all asian productions. Stories are often silly but martial arts action is top notch.

Ignoring Ip Man because of it's cultural superhuman-ness, Chinese fairy tails and all that, you need more Donnie Yen (of Rogue One) in your asian films. Definitely Flashpoint, some Kill Zone, and maybe Special ID

I'm stoked for the new karate kid thing I've been seeing advertised on YouTube

That's surprising to hear.

Based on the trailer, they've turned Karate Kid into a comedy which is a bit disappointing to me. I know "The Next.." and remake can pass for comedy's, but the first 3 were solid AF, and were more intense action / drama movies than anything, and that's the way they should have kept it.

Its cheesy as hell but best of the best was a good one, esp 2

The Fighter (AKA: Savate: Deadliest Art In The West featuring the late R Lee Ermey

A TRUE Non-Asian Martial Arts movie since it's about Savate.

Only The Strong

Also a TRUE Non-Asian Martial Arts movie since it's about Capoeira

Back