Best Non Lethal Self Defense Weapon

Like I said in another forum, I'm going with a Hanbo

carry a handgun... better to be tried by 12 then carried by 8.

Actually I knew what you meant I was just cracking wise:icon_chee

The nice thing is if they have a gun it gives them a really nice target.

That's why you should always shine the flashlight out from your side, so that if they try shooting it they'll hopefully miss! Of course, if they accidentally miss the flashlight, they might hit you :mad:

A telescopic baton might be a good alternative. Might be illegal though.

If pepper spray (not tear gas) is legal, that is a very good option, if not, then that dog repellant spray seems like a good idea. Carrying around a can of varnish spray is also usually legal to do and gets basically the same effect as mace as well. Those spray cans are often a lot bigger than a mace or pepper spray can though, that's the downside, may take a little too much place in the handbag.
A personal alarm device (don't know the proper english term) can also be worth a look, if the laws are strict.

21'_ASP_Baton.jpg

they count as concealed weapons...

Use pepper spray.

Down South we call any .45 cal hole away from center mass using a non-lethal weapon. I have friends from Alaska and they swear by the bear spray. You can get it with dye so the cops can identify the prick later.

Black jacks are illegal in Canada as well as Brass knuckles. If it was for you id advice the "Hatch defender" lead shot gloves, for your girl pepper spray or any small tactical folding knife. Cold steel mini tanto or something along those lines...

Don't you need to be a cop or have a certain permit to obtain those? I was thinking of getting a pair after my old leather gloves wore out, I like the "badass factor". A friend of mine got a pair from some surplus store in Barrie, but IIRC, he's a security guard.

I'd love to get some sap gloves.

For my girl, I make her carry pepper spray. But like some others have already said, the most important thing is that she has the mindset to use whatever it is she's carrying and to fight.

Criminals, for the most part, target what they view as "soft targets." If your girl has good situational awareness and does not look like a "soft target" she has already lessened the chances of her being put in a situation where she'd need to use one of these weapons. If however she does find herself in a situation, she needs to know that she NEEDS to fight. Bite, kick, punch, scratch, whatever it takes. 99% of attackers will want no part of a victim that is going to fight back, and will usually give up and move on to their next victim.

surefire makes a tactical light with a blunt trauma front end. blindingly bright at night or low light and will cause some serious bleeding. keep it in a purse alongside some pepper spray, blind them and hold the light, step to the side, its bright as fuck and then if they keep acting hostile, spray them or club the shit out of them with it.
e2d_large.jpg

oh and one more thing. as far as like pepper spray goes. i dont think you should worry about legality of it. there are much worse things that evil people can do to you that cannot be healed than a fine and slap on the wrist for carrying a can of pepper spray that in honesty would only be found if you had to use it.

so you make a fist and have the light part sticking out of the bottom of your hand and you hit them like that? sorry please explain how you club with it

4-D cell Maglite. Tell her to aim for the temple. Works everyfucking time. Good luck.

You may not be allowed to carry a baton but fortunately these are legal and generally are enough of a deterrent.

MS390.jpg

even more effective if used in tandem with a hockey mask:
Jasonmask.jpg

Two things Canada can never outlaw.

I'm voting for taser

This might sound alittle bad but when I think of Canada I think of this big uncharted wilderness a sparsely populated country full of mountains and wilderness. How the hell are guns iillegal? Is it by province , city or whatever equivalent you guys have to a federal govenment. What about all the people living off the land in the Borreola?

Back