Best Non Lethal Self Defense Weapon

What would be the best concealable non lethal weapon for self defense? I live in Canada guns, mace and just about everything is illegal and I'd like to get my girlfriend something for self defense.

Collapsable baton. Usually telescope out to 8 or 12 inches and hurt like hell. I will be getting one for my fiance. As of right now she has a keychain mag lite(about 5") that she has been taught to use in self defense.

thats gotta be illlegal saps havent been legal in the states for years... i doubt they would be legal in canada.

Those aren't legal here?!? Holy shit! I was unaware of that. Those things are great and I have one in my car. Time to get that out of there I guess. :icon_sad:

screw using it to distract someone id use to hit an attacker square between the eyes hopefully its with a hard enough swing to knock them out or its going to be a bloody fight.

Yep. Between the eyes, bridge of the nose, bottom of the socket, behind the ear, base of the skull, between the shoulders, square of the back, kidneys, groin, armpit etc. I could go on for days. A little ****l flash light with a thin grin is a perfect striking surface.

Be careful with the legal aspects of dog spray. One of the more critical parts of this should be getting your girl into a self defense course that teaches her to understand the flinch reaction, fight or flight and being "frozen" when attacked. No counter strike weapon is effective if you freeze and can't deploy it.

What would be the best concealable non lethal weapon for self defense? I live in Canada guns, mace and just about everything is illegal and I'd like to get my girlfriend something for self defense.

Be very careful about this. Even though a weapon may not be explicitly banned, it can still be illegal if it is carried 'for a purpose dangerous to the public peace' - see s.88 of the criminal code. Recent supreme court caselaw suggests that self-defence might be an illegal purpose.

If she gets caught carrying something dangerous looking she can be charged. If she is arrested, under no circumstances should she attempt to explain why she was carrying the weapon to the police.

So, find something that has a dual purpose, or a plausible secondary purpose, like one of those pocket tools, or an innocuous object that can be used as a weapon if push comes to shove.

are tasers and/or stun guns illegal in canada?

Yes. "Any firearm capable of discharging a dart or other object carrying an electrical current or substance, including the firearm of the design commonly known as the Taser Public Defender and any variant or modified version of it." is a prohibited firearm.

And "Any device that is designed to be capable of injuring, immobilizing or incapacitating a person or an animal by discharging an electrical charge produced by means of the amplification or accumulation of the electrical current generated by a battery, where the device is designed or altered so that the electrical charge may be discharged when the device is of a length of less than 480 mm, and any similar device." is a prohibited weapon.

The full list of prohibited and restricted goodies is available here: CanLII - Fdral - S.O.R./98-462 - SCHEDULE

extreme psychic abilities, put everyone on the planet in ****l suits and send her to Magneto Top Team.

surefire flashlight. theres already a seperate discussion about it being a weapon.

1. it can blind in broad daylight.
2. you can bash with it.
3. you can is it as a grip for punching.
4. it's anodized aluminum. it HURTS.

Back