Best Scale?

LRjiujitsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What is the best portable scale to use for checking weights for fights/tournaments ? Im looking for the most accurate scale as possible for under 300$
Thanks

there is no "best scale" you can get a 30$ one just make sure its calibrated correctly

or if your serious about getting one get the type the ufc uses

Avoid any scale that reads your body-fat, and try to avoid any scale under 50$ if you are using it to gauge weight cutting.

I would go on craigslist and try to find a doctors balance-beam scale, you can normally find a good one for 100bucks. That being said, every-time you buy a scale, you need to make sure it read weight with good precision. I recently purchased a scale and before I went in, I measured myself on a very expensive digital scale. About half of the scales read me wrong, even with I calibrated them properly. Some scales are off, and this is normally the case with cheap digital ones.

Why do you recommend avoiding any scale that reads body fat?

Is the weight reading on those scales not good or the body fat percentage part?

i dont think there is a need to buy a super expensive scale.

I always used a cheapy one from rite aid that just happened to be right on.

some of the other guys from the gym would have their own scales, similar to mine.

they were always pretty acurate, sometimes we might get a 0.5 or 1 lbs difference but nothing too bad.

the scales at the gyms like 24 hour fitness etc are way off! always, dont trust them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back