Best Shin Guards

Check out this it shows several different shin guards for mma training. I personally use 2 different pairs, I have some RDX thai style shin guards which are pretty heavy duty. I prefer them for kickboxing days over mma days. When I'm doing more mma training I use Meister Edge shin guards, they are lighter and fit tighter for grappling. I just like them for the transition of standup to grappling, where the larger ones can get in the way.

Here is the link for mma shin guards The post also shows some very cheap pro force shin guards which I have borrowed from my gym before I had gear, they are pretty good but not meant for heavy training by any means.

What about Venum and Hayabusa???
Are they nice or only good look???
Those are very popular here,,,

Hi,

I use the Hayabusa Tokushu (striking) shin guards the most and am not very impressed. They twist too easily.

I'm looking for Top Kings to replace them.

Kind rgds,
RG

Hi,

I use the Hayabusa Tokushu (striking) shin guards the most and am not very impressed. They twist too easily.

I'm looking for Top Kings to replace them.

Kind rgds,
RG

Yeah well I know Top Kings is a nice brand for Muay Thai but here is hard to get unlike Venum and Hayabusa that are everywhere and cost like a quarter of the minimum salary here xD

which shins you tried so far? did you tried boon and top king ?

Boon makes a solid shin guard(I have them). My buddy has Top King and loves the hell out of them. KO Fightgear makes a damn good shin that won't hurt your pocket and are built like a friggin tank!!!

Boon makes a solid shin guard(I have them). My buddy has Top King and loves the hell out of them. KO Fightgear makes a damn good shin that won't hurt your pocket and are built like a friggin tank!!!
you dont help me over here lol

you dont help me over here lol

Oh yeah....no KO over there....lol. I forgot. Honestly lolmit....you have the gloves so get the Boon shins. They are damn nice. Haven't had them shift either(unless I didn't strap them down all the way from being lazy). Very protective too. I think you'll like them. Get them in blue and you have a matching set:)

Oh yeah....no KO over there....lol. I forgot. Honestly lolmit....you have the gloves so get the Boon shins. They are damn nice. Haven't had them shift either(unless I didn't strap them down all the way from being lazy). Very protective too. I think you'll like them. Get them in blue and you have a matching set:)
sorry but i didnt understand this message well :icon_neut:(:eek::rolleyes:

i own top kings and have used fairtex and twins in the past. While I love my top kings, I plan on purchasing the thinner fairtex or twins because I want my shins to get conditioned. The top kings protect too damn well!

i own top kings and have used fairtex and twins in the past. While I love my top kings, I plan on purchasing the thinner fairtex or twins because I want my shins to get conditioned. The top kings protect too damn well!

Condition on the bags and pads, not your sparring partners. :icon_neut

lol- not for every sparring use. just for times when you want to go harder. it helps getting used to the pain of checking hard kicks.

I'm thinking about purchasing the Top King Pro shin guards leather.

I'm super lightweight range, shin length is about 14 inches and my calves are only 12 1/2 inches. :icon_sad:

Anyone know if these top kings will fit and be without excess velcro strap sticking out on the sides due to small calves?

Any other good shin guards sizes that go by calf size and shin length?

thanks for the help everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back