Best songwriters composers who continued after their band folded?

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I was just thinking how U2 I think wrote Goldeneye for Tina Turner, then found a song Bono sang on with Michael Hutchence. From watching the INXS Never Tear Us Apart movie, Andrew Farriss was the top songwriter on the band, and was wondering if he wrote anything that some other singer made into a big hit song. I listened to a sample of a Spider-Man stage play U2 wrote for another singer and you could tell it had that U2 sound.

What are some examples of good songwriters songs sung by someone else instead of their own band?

I'm not sure I get the question, but anyways, first one that came to mind is Sia who's got a pretty succesful carreer going for herself, and has written a shitload of songs for other succesful artists.

But anyways, if this is about former members of disbanded bands having a succesful carreer as songwriters for other artists, I guess this doesn't apply.

Doesn't that Max Martin guy write like 90% of all pop music?

Definitely not the best but he's got a formula to come up with shit songs that people eat up and spend billions of dollars on

I'm talking about where the soul of the band lives on because their songwriter wrote good songs for other singers to turn into good songs.

I'm talking where if you like INXS, you'll like this song because it was written by same composer and has the same feel as INXS, and you wouldn't otherwise find it searching for INXS.

John Phillips from the Mamas and Papas wrote hit songs for other artists and continued as a succesful songwriter well after Mamas and papas were done. He even co-wrote Kokomo by The Beach Boys.

What? Your thread title, OP, and subsequent post all are different. Anyway, i'll just answer with my interpretation of your thread title: Morrissey after he left The Smiths.

Peter Cetera, Peter Gabriel, George Michael, Annie Lennox, Jimmy Page (formed a new band), Eric Clapton, Beyonce, Michael Bolton (used to be in a Heavy Metal Band),

Back