Best UFC LW prospect?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Last year Kevin Lee made the jump from prospect to contender.

IMO the best prospect is Islam Makhachev. He possesses incredible grappling ability and improving striking, as evidenced in his last 2 fights.

tumblr_p2vq3uHL391rofocqo1_500.gif

Tons of prospects to choose from like Gillespie, Taisumov etc. Who do you think will go the furthest?

Islam has potential. Huge. I hope the UFC don't rush him though.

And he has Allah on his side.

He has it all.

Kevin Lee is legit, and, like Erick Silva, he's so young in his career still. 25 years old and a good amount of high-level experience under is belt already. He will continue to get better and better.

Very impressed by Gregor this past weekend, I like his style

I like Vick as future champ.

UFC is pretty bad at signing prospects unfortunately. There's no exciting Lightweight prospects in the UFC on my radar. Islam is okay, I've never been that impressed by him and Tibau is beyond washed up, that win means nothing.

Taisumov imo, he has one of the best striking in the LW division and he is a good wrestler.

Taisumov or Makhachev. Gillespie has looked good, but beaten nobody worth mentioning. At least Makhachev has beaten 2 former veterans of the sport.

Gillespie's win over the weekend was super impressive. The was the definition of a clinic.

Dober said he's dropping back down to LW for his next fight. I think that would be a logical next step for Gillespie.

He's my fighter to watch for 2018.

James Vick gets better every fight

Last year Kevin Lee made the jump from prospect to contender.

IMO the best prospect is Islam Makhachev. He possesses incredible grappling ability and improving striking, as evidenced in his last 2 fights.

tumblr_p2vq3uHL391rofocqo1_500.gif

Tons of prospects to choose from like Gillespie, Taisumov etc. Who do you think will go the furthest?
Gillespie definitely. his top game is sick. he's got the potential to go far in the division, I can possibly see a title contender out of him in the near future, just watch.

Kevin Lee is legit, and, like Erick Silva, he's so young in his career still. 25 years old and a good amount of high-level experience under is belt already. He will continue to get better and better.

He will get better with his trash talk as well as he matures. After all, he has so many great men to emulate.

UFC is pretty bad at signing prospects unfortunately. There's no exciting Lightweight prospects in the UFC on my radar. Islam is okay, I've never been that impressed by him and Tibau is beyond washed up, that win means nothing.
gillespie, islam, diakiese, teymur, vannata, klose, duffy, green, khabilov, mairbek

gillespie, islam, diakiese, teymur, vannata, klose, duffy, green, khabilov, mairbek

Khabilov is old and not a prospect anymore, he was about 5 years ago.

Bobby Green has been around forever and isn't a prospect.

Joe Duffy is almost 30 and has fallen short both times he was given the opportunity to break the top 10...also not a prospect.

Diakiese is looking a bit like a dud and lost to a mediocre prospect. Diakiese is one of the few guys Ive had my eyes on though.

Teymur is mediocre, injury prone and doesn't fight often.

Vannata has lost a lot, has bad cardio, takes tons of damage, said he wants to retire by 30 and has not shown any ability to fix his own Holes. Sort of over the groovy hype.

Mairbek is 29 and has 30 professional fights, he's not a prospect either (pretty sure you don't know what a prospect is). Mairbek is awesome but years of his prime have already been sidelined due to visa issues and Americans like Jim Miller, Anthony Pettis etc will not fight him in Europe when given the contracts.

Drakkar Klose doesnt impressive me much either, there's better prospects outside the UFC.

Back