Best Van Damme movie

AJax

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know that the standard #1 JCVD movie is Bloodsport. That is up there for sure. For me though, I have to say Lionheart takes the cake. In my mind, most underrated action movie of all time. Fight scenes are "ok to pretty good", but it actually has a very original story line to it.

Full disclosure...I have not seen:

**Hard Target (I hear this is up there)
**JCVD
**The Quest

Timecop Top Team

Street Fighter. No one could have been a better Guile

Damnit....I meant to say movie, not move....both are actually valid in this case. Sherdog will not let you edit the thread title?

Damnit....I meant to say movie, not move....both are actually valid in this case. Sherdog will not let you edit the thread title?
You can. For you, there should be an option called "Thread Tools" next to the "Watch Thread" option at the upper right of your opening post.

giphy.gif

This is easily his best move.

And the runner up:

giphy.gif

You can. For you, there should be an option called "Thread Tools" next to the "Watch Thread" option at the upper right of your opening post.

There we go :) Thank you sir! (you would think that I would know that, after being a sherdogger for so long)

depends on criteria.

best overall JCVD, but not an action movie really

To me Bloodsport and Kickboxer were his a-pex movies. For top 5 movies of his hey day it would look something like this.

Bloodsport
Kickboxer
Sudden Death
Hard Target
Universal Soldier

Last edited:
Bloodsport and Kickboxer are tier 1

Then Time Cop, Hard Target, Universal Soldier, Lionheart are tier 2

Then everything else

JCVD. Van Damme should have won some serious acting awards for that. Better acting than anything I've seen from DiCaprio and he won an Oscar

I would have like Bloodsport a lot more if it weren't for the fact that it was predicated on a story about a bullshit artist and his imaginary tournament.

Bloodsport no doubt

remember based on a true story Frank Dux kick was measured at 74 mph

Dux2.png

no one messes with a Tanaka

I'm biased toward cyborg because it was the first van damme film I saw. bloodsport is eternal doe epic film.
maxresdefault.jpg

This is probably my favourite besides Bloodsport. I watched the shit out of this when I was a kid

518Q553K0EL.jpg

Haven't seen it in like 15 years I guess. I wonder if shit holds up

Back