Best Van Damme movie

Probably Timecop, but I was always partial to Hard Target.

GOAT.

The Academy ducked Van Damme.

My favorite thing about it is how he's Guile and has a foreign accent

None of that matters though, that scene when he uppercuts bison and flexes his USA tattoo is the pinnacle of cinema

3532381_o.gif

I work in front of a computer and grew up playing videogames all day and even I can throw a pretty sweet roundhouse bro

but in a life and death situation with thousands of lives at state including your own children?

I work in front of a computer and grew up playing videogames all day and even I can throw a pretty sweet roundhouse bro

When I was training MMA I spent a very disproportionate amount of time practicing that flying helicopter kick he uses to win every climactic final scene. Just in case I'm ever in an underground fighting league to save my love interest from an evil businessman

kickboxer.gif

giphy.gif

I've never landed it on anyone tho

but in a life and death situation with thousands of lives at state including your own children?

It was in exactly that situation that I first discovered my roundhouse bro

My favorite VD films are basically the early ones.

Bllodsport.
American Kickboxer.
Cyborg
Lionheart.

Double impact
Everithing else.

Canon crap >>>>>>>>>>>>>studio shit.

Alos loved the intro scene in no surrender, no retreat.

Last edited:
When I was training MMA I spent a very disproportionate amount of time practicing that flying helicopter kick he uses to win every climactic final scene. Just in case I'm ever in an underground fighting league to save my love interest from an evil businessman

kickboxer.gif

giphy.gif

I've never landed it on anyone tho
If anyone ever lands that kick in the Octagon, I will automatically consider them the GOAT. They could be unranked and have a losing record. It wouldn't matter.

hard target is the greatest van damme film,period.

Kickboxer has to be #1 for me. After that it's Hard Target, Time Cop, Bloodsport, LionHeart and Universal Soldier movies.

I'm biased toward cyborg because it was the first van damme film I saw. bloodsport is eternal doe epic film.
maxresdefault.jpg

I was thinking this. How does it hold up to modern viewing? Would i just be ruining fond memories if i watched it now?

The one where he had a twin and did the splits then did a spinny kick to the bad guys head.

I was thinking this. How does it hold up to modern viewing? Would i just be ruining fond memories if i watched it now?
I couldn't tell you I haven't watched it since maybe 1993 when I was a kid.

I wouldn’t watch it for the quality but rather nostalgia. I watched a bit of Kickboxer recently and I got plenty of laughs out of it.

Back