best Youtube heavy bag tutorial?

Tirofijo2001

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I know my way around the grappling mat and can spot a good teacher on Youtube and can immediately tell which videos to ignore, but I'm fairly clueless to the stand up game. I can't tell who is legit and who is a bum that happens to have a smart phone and can make videos. I'm guessing there are a lot of the latter.

I'm looking for a good tutorial on how to effectively use the heavy bag. The objective is to get a good conditioning workout and improve my striking.

(Would also like the same for focus mitts, if possible.)

Suggestions?

Many thanks.

Precision Striking / JT Van V's channel is good for boxing. Covers a lot of topics, offers a lot of advice, has virtual sparring drills and mitt drills. I am not a big fan of them - but I have a coach so I don't need them.

feel free to check my channel out. links are in my signature.

natebowerfitness has some good heavy bag workout videos, not the best if your looking for technique though, then i would agree with the above post and check out JT Van, now the channel is called Precision Striking

Precision Striking / JT Van V's channel is good for boxing. Covers a lot of topics, offers a lot of advice, has virtual sparring drills and mitt drills. I am not a big fan of them - but I have a coach so I don't need them.
Yeah everything supplementary. Its funny because when it comes to BJJ and grappling, I'm more open to use material from YT lineage, but striking I stick with my coach and training partners for material. Once in awhile I'll check some stuff out online.

hey guys, i also have quite a few muay thai instructional videos on my page that arent mine, like Rob Kamans and Vut Kamnarks for example. Vuts is really good. as is Robs.

No such thing

It's how you pick up bad habits because no one is watching

Just practice basic combos and do them to perfection. A stiff jab, and a kick at the end of your combos, and you will do great against anybody in sparring.
Fight tips with Shane Fazen on YT is great for inspiration :)!

Back