Beta-Alanine "The Next Creatine"

ZMA is a gift from the gods. It's my #2 after fish oil.

Fish Oil
ZMA
Creatine
BA

I wonder consider protein a supplement, rather a food, but you could argue the same for fish oil, so protein would be my #3..

I've actually never tried the ZMA/Valerian combo.

I've used GABA, ZMA, Valerian, and Melatonin all at once and just about every other combination possible. I never feel groggy in the morning and I can't even say that any particular combination works better than the other. It seems as though they all help to a degree (except for ZMA... I've taken that for years and never noticed anything in regards to better sleep). I just randomly mix the shit up to avoid any possible dependency/tolerance issues. The only thing I take on a nightly basis is ZMA. The other stuff is occasional... maybe 3 times a week.

If I had to choose, I'd say Valerian root probably is the most noticeable for me in regards to better sleep.

i was wondering, do i need the BA? i dont think my workouts are going to be intense since i can only workout like 3 and sometimes 4 days a week.

i am going to take Protein (Whey & Caesin), Apple Cider Vinegar, Fish Oil, Pre Cycle Support by Anabolic Innovations, L-Carnitine, and Recomp Performance Nutrition Havoc.

now i couldnt read all the pages of this (please dont linch or kill me for that, the thread is quite big) but it seems that the major benefit of BA is that you can last longer. i heard a little bit that it will help contribute to lean muscle or helping you look more shredded. how much of that can it contribute?

i was wondering, do i need the BA?

It's a long thread, yes, but I think it's unconditional that you understand what a supplement does before putting it in your body. Thoroughly understand.

Invest in a couple of hours worth of research and reading before running out and buying the latest rage in supplement. Once you understand how it works (or if at all, as with many OTC supplements), THEN ask yourself "Do I need this, and will it help me achieve my training goals?"

Find the linked articles/studies in this thread, and check the stickies for the supplement reviews by Dave Barr. One one but you can answer if BA will help you out.

It's a long thread, yes, but I think it's unconditional that you understand what a supplement does before putting it in your body. Thoroughly understand.

Invest in a couple of hours worth of research and reading before running out and buying the latest rage in supplement. Once you understand how it works (or if at all, as with many OTC supplements), THEN ask yourself "Do I need this, and will it help me achieve my training goals?"

Find the linked articles/studies in this thread, and check the stickies for the supplement reviews by Dave Barr. No one but you can answer if BA will help you out.

Fixed.

And +1, totally worth the time to know what you're spending your cash on, and more importantly, putting into your body.

I started taking ZMA about two months ago. I typically get about 5.5 - 6.5 hours sleep during weekdays, and I've definitely noticed a deeper, more relaxing sleep. I don't really feel that tired in the morning. I definitely plan to continuing taking it.

I recently purchased some BA, but I haven't started taking it yet. I'll probably starting taking during my next training cycle after I finish my current exercise program.

I would think so, either that or folk out for the P&P.

I would think you could get it cheap from a decent source in china, since that is where of it is made these days

I think I may get worse sleep because of ZMA, due to the dreams. I get weird dreams that wake me up a couple times a night.

I would think so, either that or folk out for the P&P.

I would think you could get it cheap from a decent source in china, since that is where of it is made these days

They don`t actually. Just checked today. I guss I`ll have to somehow order it online. I ain`t got no CC unfortunately.

They don`t actually. Just checked today. I guss I`ll have to somehow order it online. I ain`t got no CC unfortunately.

I'm not what's available to you, but you can buy a credit card (pre-payed) and then just use it up on the order.

AS FOR BA:

Would it be a bad idea to put it in my Peri-WO shake? I remember reading (I think it was Barr) the it's a neuro-inhibitor, so I'm thinking the answer is "No."

Any takes on this?

Would it be a bad idea to put it in my Peri-WO shake? I remember reading (I think it was Barr) the it's a neuro-inhibitor, so I'm thinking the answer is "No."

Any takes on this?

You're thinking is spot on. PWO and before sleep is optimal.

I'm still looking for the definitive answer as to "why" is stimulates the PNS, but it stands as common sense you don't want that during a workout. Actually, on that note, I'm going to ask Dave about it.

I'm not what's available to you, but you can buy a credit card (pre-payed) and then just use it up on the order.

AS FOR BA:

Any takes on this?

you mean they do prepaid CC`s in Japan? I doubt it. They don`t even do debit cards in this forgotten land!
Anyways, know where I can order it online for cheap?

you mean they do prepaid CC`s in Japan? I doubt it. They don`t even do debit cards in this forgotten land!
Anyways, know where I can order it online for cheap?

Any online retailer will carry it. Prices will all be cheap on bulk powder.

I'm still looking for the definitive answer as to "why" is stimulates the PNS, but it stands as common sense you don't want that during a workout. Actually, on that note, I'm going to ask Dave about it.

Answer has been found, via Dave Barr.

Dave has another great article on BA that's going to be published on EliteFTS shortly, but I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak at it last night.

The short explanation of "why" beta alanine stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) is this: it causes increases in GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Beta Alanine acts as a re-uptake inhibitor of GABA. This makes perfect sense why late night dosing is great, and why PWO is essential.

Think of it like this: A common class of prescription drugs for patients with depression are SSRIs - Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. In people with depression, they often don't have enough circulating serotonin. SSRIs don't "make more", but they cause what serotonin they do have to stay in the synaptic gap longer before being take up by neural transporters. Same thing with BA and GABA, albeit transiently at the time of consumption.

Perhaps Dave will chime in on this also.

Answer has been found, via Dave Barr.

Dave has another great article on BA that's going to be published on EliteFTS shortly, but I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak at it last night.

The short explanation of "why" beta alanine stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) is this: it causes increases in GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Beta Alanine acts as a re-uptake inhibitor of GABA. This makes perfect sense why late night dosing is great, and why PWO is essential.

Think of it like this: A common class of prescription drugs for patients with depression are SSRIs - Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. In people with depression, they often don't have enough circulating serotonin. SSRIs don't "make more", but they cause what serotonin they do have to stay in the synaptic gap longer before being take up by neural transporters. Same thing with BA and GABA, albeit transiently at the time of consumption.

Perhaps Dave will chime in on this also.

Very interesting.

This is probably also why, when taking BA about an hour and a half before bed and then GABA immediately before sleeping the results were ok. But when I took Gaba + BA immediately before bed together I slept very very well with few interruptions.

thanks mike (and dave).

So i finally got my order from BulkNutrition yesterday...Thanks Ian!
Man...I was tingling all over the place and did have alot more energy. After I lifted, I had to go on my elliptical for awhile. Good shit so far.

Back