Bethesda announcement incoming...it's Fallout 76

Not even MMO scale, sadly. 24 players in a server, max.

Charlie-Day-Thumbs-Down.gif

Heard this can be played single player and that’s how I intend to play it. Should be fun.

I bought it a while ago. Super skeptical but it’s fallout and I’m willing to give it a chance.

Bethesda is crap though, but I’m a sucker for the fallout world. If the game sucks I am done with them.

I bought it a while ago. Super skeptical but it’s fallout and I’m willing to give it a chance.

Bethesda is crap though, but I’m a sucker for the fallout world. If the game sucks I am done with them.

Well they're now chargering you for cosmetic which makes no fucking sense. Ya charge you for the one thing thats the most important part of a FO game?
the random cool outfits you find? Ya fuck you Bethesda

Well they're now chargering you for cosmetic which makes no fucking sense. Ya charge you for the one thing thats the most important part of a FO game?
the random cool outfits you find? Ya fuck you Bethesda

It’s a fucking disgrace. I hated fallout 4 and what they have done with creators club. Bethesda is garbage I know it. They are lazy money grabbers.

I'm so fucking torn on this game. All I really want is to be able to play single player survival mode. I don't need a story. I just want to explore and level up. If they could guarantee me that is in this game I will keep my preorder. If not I'm definitely going to pass.

This game is going to be so fucking awful. A completely dead world with no quests or interesting items to discover. Just tons of grinding for exp and materials to create shit that someone is going to just kill you for anyway.

Last edited:
Looking at the footage from people Bethesda invite to play for a while and I am not impressed. Sure it'll probably be a nice world to explore but not much else. I demand stories!

This game is going to be so fucking awful. A completely dead world with no quests or interesting items to discover. Just tons of grinding for exp and materials to create shit that someone is going to just kill you for anyway.

This. I was already put off that they put Settlement building into Fallout 4. I was one of the ones that thought it was gimmicky. Now they give you a game with nothing but that. Lol wtf.

This. I was already put off that they put Settlement building into Fallout 4. I was one of the ones that thought it was gimmicky. Now they give you a game with nothing but that. Lol wtf.

I liked building settlements!

Looked at a few videos of this game the last couple of days. Guess I could jot down some impressions.

Personally I've never liked mmorpgs, or mmos period. So Fallout 76 is not going to appeal to me, simply by default.

That being said, I do love both Elder Scrolls and Fallout. My main problem with Fallout 76 is the same as with Elder Scrolls Online: The graphic is bleh, a lot of it seems to be copy-pasted from the single-player games, and, most importantly, the world design looks like absolute crap compared to Skyrim or Fallout 4. The environments in Fallout 76 just looks like a bunch of trees, buildings and other objects thrown together at random.

Besides that Fallout 76 looks very unpolished in general, like a russian knockoff of the original. Here's hoping that's to do with the game still being in beta phase.

If I were to guess I would say that interaction with other players, and base building, are going to be the main attractions of the game. Other than that I see no reason to not just keep playing any of the earlier Fallout titles. Even exploration looks like it might not be very interesting.

I'm guessing a lot of my criticisms have to do with the limitations of mmos, and not laziness on the part of Bethesda.

I liked building settlements!

I can totally see how it'd be immersive and engaging for players, but to me it felt so tacked on. Especially if you compare it to the bare bones RPG style of Fallout 2 and the like.

Looked at a few videos of this game the last couple of days. Guess I could jot down some impressions.

Personally I've never liked mmorpgs, or mmos period. So Fallout 76 is not going to appeal to me, simply by default.

That being said, I do love both Elder Scrolls and Fallout. My main problem with Fallout 76 is the same as with Elder Scrolls Online: The graphic is bleh, a lot of it seems to be copy-pasted from the single-player games, and, most importantly, the world design looks like absolute crap compared to Skyrim or Fallout 4. The environments in Fallout 76 just looks like a bunch of trees, buildings and other objects thrown together at random.

Besides that Fallout 76 looks very unpolished in general, like a russian knockoff of the original. Here's hoping that's to do with the game still being in beta phase.

If I were to guess I would say that interaction with other players, and base building, are going to be the main attractions of the game. Other than that I see no reason to not just keep playing any of the earlier Fallout titles. Even exploration looks like it might not be very interesting.

I'm guessing a lot of my criticisms have to do with the limitations of mmos, and not laziness on the part of Bethesda.

Just as I mentioned about the settlement building. Having no NPCs and dialogue is just totally subverting what makes a Fallout game a Fallout game. You're right, they may as well have re-skinned some shitty Russian knockoff and called it Fallout. Fallout is single player, dialogue heavy, Cool NPCS, story based. This is not Fallout and I hope it fails so they'll stop coming out with shit like this.

Not even MMO scale, sadly. 24 players in a server, max.

Lol what the hell?! There are no npcs, and you're alone in a fallout sized world with 23 other people? Holy shit, I might get some popcorn to watch this Zeppelin crash.

Lol what the hell?! There are no npcs, and you're alone in a fallout sized world with 23 other people? Holy shit, I might get some popcorn to watch this Zeppelin crash.
Yeah, it just has "misfire" written all over it. I still can't for the life of me understand WTF Bethesda was thinking with this game.

They say the map is 4x the size of Fallout 4 but I'm guessing 3/4 of that will be blocked off to those who are underleveled or playing solo. I get there are no NPCs since it's supposed to take place right after the bombs fall so the only things out there will be robots so I'll accept that

But it's Fallout online so I'll bet it sells like hotcakes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back